Option for multiple metadata file

If there's a feature you think HDoujin is missing, share your ideas here!
=DD=

Option for multiple metadata file

Post by =DD= » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 pm

I would love an option to have hdoujin downloader create multiple metadata formats at once.
There are a few different programs that can handle certain metadata some love the .txt file and some love the .json file format but the program can only generate one format.
Right now I have to convert the metadata file so I can have both types but would love the program to generate them both right of the bat.

There may not be a huge user case for this feature however. I would love to hear your thoughts Squidy and see what you think.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Option for multiple metadata file

Post by Squidy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm

It's a perfectly reasonable request, and it shouldn't be too difficult to add. One of my next goals is offering more flexibility when it comes to saving metadata, so I'll take note of this while I'm working on that.

I'll try to get on it as soon as possible!
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

=DD=

Post by =DD= » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Wow. Thanks for taking an interest in the idea.
One of the reasons why I liked the .txt metadata was the readability of it, but unfortunately it's just not very well supported in the program I use to view my content whereas the .json format is.

I know we talked about metadata extensively in some of the other parts of the forum. How difficult would it be for you to create perhaps a standalone script to convert existing .txt metadata files to .json ones or vice versa? Perhaps it's something the standalone HDD script editor could handle?

lukemin

Post by lukemin » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:06 am

Squidy wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm
It's a perfectly reasonable request, and it shouldn't be too difficult to add. One of my next goals is offering more flexibility when it comes to saving metadata, so I'll take note of this while I'm working on that.

I'll try to get on it as soon as possible!
Is it possible add other metainfo format to the cbzs exsited with info.txt? I used LANraragi to manage my comics, but I wanna try komga instead.
but komga can not collect metainfo from info.txt, it requires comicinfo.xml.

=DD=

Post by =DD= » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:29 pm

There isn't a way to convert existing metadata to another format at the moment.

I've used both programs before and I would say Lanraragi handles the metadata better. For now, though you can set the metadata to xml format and if you add any of the previous manga url's into hdoujin downloader, you can right click and then click on "generate metadata" again without downloading the files again saving bandwith.

AerialAtom

Post by AerialAtom » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:01 pm

I know there's a checkbox in the advance setting but how do I get the multiple metadata to show up. I can only select one.

cococrunch

Post by cococrunch » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 am

i support this request. I am using both lanraragi and komga. so the options to have both comicinfo.xml and info.json at a single download session would be very valuable.

It would be good if we can have the current implementation of radio button interface in the metadata screen be changed into checkboxes

akira023

Post by akira023 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:26 am

+1 on this feature request. This would be very handy and allow for more flexibility. Lanraragi for example can't read comicinfo, while komga does but can't read the other formats.

akira023

Post by akira023 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:53 pm

Coming back here to say that this is a feature we still want. Hopefully it gets added. :heart:

Last bumped by akira023 on Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:53 pm.