This update contains some significant changes, and I recommend creating a backup of your HDoujin Downloader folder before updating, just in case. If you have any problems, let me know, and you can always downgrade to an earlier release here.
The bulk of this update is site fixes and support for some new sites, which I’m going to continue working on expanding over the coming days. There are a lot of requests to get through, and I tried to get through as many as possible before releasing this update, but I know that some of you are still waiting.
This release updates cf-tool to version 188.8.131.52, which should hopefully address a lot of the problems that have recently started cropping up in regard to Cloudflare’s browser verification page. This should get a lot of affected sites working again, but if you continue to have problems with any of them, let me know.
Formatting string improvements
I spent a lot of time working on a new parser for formatting strings, allowing you to do some more interesting things with your naming. For example:
- The %IF% token can now be nested, if you feel like dealing with that mess.
- The idea behind the %ARTIST||AUTHOR% token and its counterpart has been expanded upon, and this syntax can now be used with all and with an arbitrary number of tokens (e.g. %ARTIST||AUTHOR||TRANSLATOR||SCANLATOR%).
- Any token that evaluates to a comma-delimited set of values can be limited by providing a limiting argument. For example, %ARTIST(3)% evaluates to at most three artists. This can be combined with the above syntax (e.g. %ARTIST(3)||AUTHOR(3)%).
- An %ID% token has finally been added, which can be used for manga, chapters, and pages, corresponding to the numeric ID that represents the entity (for example, gallery IDs, or image IDs from sites like Pixiv).
- Chapter formatting strings now allow subfolders, so you’re free to use things like %VOLUME#%\%CHAPTER#% to organize chapters by volume.
- The %SUBTITLE% token for chapters has been made more useful, and can do a good job of extracting the subtitle in the majority of cases. This gives you more control over chapter names.
- Tokens are now officially case-insensitive.
There are a couple of other little things I’ll go over when I get to work on the much-needed thorough documentation for this feature. In the meantime, if you have questions, you’re welcome to ask.
When editing your formatting strings, you can now see a little preview about the text box giving you an idea of how it will be evaluated, which should make putting complex strings together a lot easier.
If you’ve been around for a while, you know this is an ongoing problem that occurs sometimes after releasing major updates (antivirus software really doesn’t like cf-tool). If your antivirus starts harassing you after this update, let me know, so I can submit the corresponding false-positive reports.