A few suggestions

A place to discuss Manga Database.
Honey Badger

A few suggestions

Post by Honey Badger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 am

Not sure whether to put feature requests for the modules here or in the feature requests board. I posted a request for kuroneko over there but now I'm posting this here because f*** consistency.

I currently use Calibre as my browser(with Kuroneko as the reader), but Manga Database is very promising. I like how fast it loads and the dark theme(the Calibre devs have firmly declined to add a dark theme for years :cry:). There are a few features in Calibre that I would miss to much to switch over to Manga Database though.

1. First of all, is it just me, or does Manga Database not have a scrollbar for the main panel? :?

2. Sort by date added, so that my most recent additions are on top.

3. Thumbnail browser mode.

4. Comic info in the preview panel such as title, authors, tags, series, etc.

5. A metadata browser in the left sidebar for selecting specific artists, series, tags, etc.

6. Support for ComicInfo.xml metadata files. Hdoujin has it as an option, so Manga Database should support it. I suppose I can have Hdoujin create the 'Hdoujin Info File' formats as well, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for making and maintaining Hdoujin downloader, Squidy. On top of it, you've got a promising start to having the best browser and the best reader :O