Search by tags in database

A place to discuss Manga Database.
alexhanime

Search by tags in database

Post by alexhanime » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 am

i know you probably would want this in the database section of the forum but it seems dead and i just really have been desperate for this change or if you have any library / reader programs you recommend that can use your metadata that i can import easy let me know , i do have the program purchased but i forgot my login so i just made a new account on here. I currently have 1.2tb of downloaded manga all with the metadata sitting with no use. Ive tried a few programs that let you self host but most either have a steep learning curve or no way to import the metadata automatically.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Search by tags in database

Post by Squidy » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:30 am

As far as alternatives go, there's LANraragi, which I believe is capable of reading several metadata formats output by HDoujin Downloader.

It's true that the search capabilities of Manga Database are lacking. This is something I do plan to work on, especially since I want to improve the search functionality inside of HDoujin Downloader itself too. My development time is focused on HDoujin Downloader at the moment, but I hear you and agree with you.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Swan48

Re: Search by tags in database

Post by Swan48 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:03 am

Hello,

In fact, its development efforts are mainly focused on improving HDoujin Downloader.