Autofill tags, etc.

A place to discuss Manga Database.
Zed

Autofill tags, etc.

Post by Zed » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:50 am

Hi,

is it possible to do a search with the title and other informations like, author, circle on doujinshi.org and fill the blanks with the first entry they find?
Cuz adding a library with more then 1,3k entrys don't look so appealing without any tags, only what the foldertitles gather on information.
And yeah i guess it would be more then just a little additional feature i request here..

=DD=

Re: Autofill tags, etc.

Post by =DD= » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Haha, I've been bugging Squidy for the last year or so for much needed support for these modules that are included for download with hdoujin downloader when upgraded to the full version. It's nice to see another user utilising this great module! I can't recommend it enough to people even in it's early stages. It's incredibly stable and handles my extensive collection great. I think Squidy said he was thinking about re-writing it from the ground up but I can't remember.

In the meantime, I recommend if you haven't, to enable metadata logging in hdoujin downloader. This will allow manga database to be able to filter your manga/doujins via the metadata captured in a later update. In hdoujin downloader go to Settings> Save To> Metadata. Click on "enable metadata" and for the file format you want the Version 2 (V2) info file. (You can see what kind of data is generated such as Artist, circle, tags, series.. etc) I think it is selected as default however. Manga Database was written for Version 1 (V1) of the metadata but V2 has more fields that are generated and will ultimately replace V1.

So when enabled, every manga/doujin downloaded from now on, will have an info.txt file generated with the metadata filled in already. So when Squidy makes tweaks to this module we can search via tags/artist/wild cards etc. I can't wait!

Unfortunately, if you haven't done this already for the rest of your existing collection, you will need to either re-download it or create your own. Do not use manga database itself to generate the info as it's extremely buggy. It's much faster to re-download the manga/doujin again even when trying to do in my case 10,000+ folders. :(

Searching via authors should work in the meantime. You can also use the rating system, and generate reading lists which can be used temporarily as favourites until these updates are pushed.

Hopefully this will answer and help you until Squidy can put his 2 cents in.
=DD=

Zed

Re: Autofill tags, etc.

Post by Zed » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:08 am

The tip with the metadata will definitely help!
Thanks for that^^
I will try to utilize the db in the end, its a way to useful tool for this case!
So yea, lets wait and hope ;)