Import or sync ability with tracking sites?

A place to discuss everything that don't fit into the other categories.
mangabaka

Import or sync ability with tracking sites?

Post by mangabaka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:48 am

Just wondering where things stand with being able to keep a favorites list going thats tied to a tracking site such as kitsu/mal/anilist/kenmei. I see an ability to import a list of bookmarks in the form of a text file and guessing its a list of urls or such, but do any of the sites i mentioned have an api that can be tapped where the user isn't tasked with having to track urls themselves?

I haven't really used hdd yet but really want to cause i think the manga database tool tied to it is unique and worth supporting especially if it can support comicinfo.xml files that komga can read. The only thing flying over my head is tracking manga myself and having to watch for sites going down for whatever reason. Is there any ability available now or planned where i can use one of those sites mentioned as a sort of front end where new manga is added then watched for by hdd and have it do the legwork of looking for available downloads on whitelisted sites so it essentially shows up automatically in komga?