Alternatives to Kuroneko reader.

A place to discuss everything that don't fit into the other categories.
TaliaKuznetsova

Alternatives to Kuroneko reader.

Post by TaliaKuznetsova » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:41 am

I've been looking for some alternatives to Kuroneko reader but haven't found any and would like some input from others. Using windows photo viewer has... just gotten tedious. I'd love to pay for a full license and get it but from what I've seen it doesn't exactly seem to be what I'm looking for hence seeking alternatives.

It seems to lack some clean categorizing features such as user defined grouping of series/nested grouping such as Series>Main>Chapters or Series>Extra>Extra Chapters so that one can keep them seperated entirely in their own little box. Do correct me if i'm wrong however.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Alternatives to Kuroneko reader.

Post by Squidy » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 am

TaliaKuznetsova wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:41 am
It seems to lack some clean categorizing features such as user defined grouping of series/nested grouping such as Series>Main>Chapters or Series>Extra>Extra Chapters so that one can keep them seperated entirely in their own little box.
I'm curious about this, could you tell me more about what you're going for? You could probably achieve this sort of folder structure with HDoujin Downloader, but the reader itself just lists chapters sequentially.

Alternatives I would recommend are Quivi or Honeyview if you prefer something simple (like me).
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

TaliaKuznetsova

Post by TaliaKuznetsova » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:04 pm

Squidy wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 am
TaliaKuznetsova wrote:
It seems to lack some clean categorizing features such as user defined grouping of series/nested grouping such as Series>Main>Chapters or Series>Extra>Extra Chapters so that one can keep them seperated entirely in their own little box.
I'm curious about this, could you tell me more about what you're going for? You could probably achieve this sort of folder structure with HDoujin Downloader, but the reader itself just lists chapters sequentially.

Alternatives I would recommend are Quivi or Honeyview if you prefer something simple (like me).
I'm mostly looking for a reader that allows some basic sorting easily that also lets you separate certain things manually by hand/user specified. For example some manga i have don't fit the usual genre types, in that case id manually make a special group for it and name it then put those ones in it where it'd be totally separate. I thought hdoujin downloader didn't allow this style of sorting as you could only specify one singular download folder?

TaliaKuznetsova

Post by TaliaKuznetsova » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:07 am

Squidy wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 am
TaliaKuznetsova wrote:

Quivi seems to be what I'm looking for. Is there a way to convert my downloaded manga's to CBZ without having to redownload everything?