Can a .bat file be called after download.

Ask questions and have them answered!
Awildpersonappeared

Can a .bat file be called after download.

Post by Awildpersonappeared » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Hdoujin downloader is really great and I like how I can change image name/resize/convert. I just need some post processing done after the files download and I don't expect hdoujin downloader to have features for what I need. I know theres some scripting engine or something but I don't know how I could make it call an external function or batch file after downloading.

=DD=

Re: Can a .bat file be called after download.

Post by =DD= » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Hdoujin downloader has a basic post processing feature built in.
It's under Settings > Save To> Convert. From there you can click on image conversion and perhaps create some filters, or have it convert to another image format.
There's also a custom script support but I think it's still a work in progress and I wouldn't use it right now.
If you're looking to change image name, I would perhaps create a site specific rule found under "Special Cases", where the image name is setup as how you want it. Check out the [?] for wildcards and supported tags.
Hope it helps!

=DD=

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:28 am

As specific as this is, there's a way to do it! Look under "File > Options > Middleware". You can select an application/script, the parameters to send to it ("$path" for the download directory), and the events on which you want it to be called.

Although the file selection dialog won't display .bat files (only .exe at the moment, but I'll change that in the next update), it still won't complain if you provide one by entering the path manually.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Awildpersonappeared

Post by Awildpersonappeared » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:27 pm

God that's perfect. Thanks. I will test it out today