Webroot keeps saying that the .EXE file is Maware and deletes it

Ask questions and have them answered!
ohcapt13

Webroot keeps saying that the .EXE file is Maware and deletes it

Post by ohcapt13 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 am

I have not had a problem with the downloader since I purchased the full version a few years ago. Suddenly in the past couple days my Anti-Virus Webroot is identifying the .exe file as malware and deleting it. I have tried to just download it again, but it will not even allow it. It does not even give me the option to allow or not allow.

Re: Webroot keeps saying that the .EXE file is Maware and deletes it

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 am

Figured it out, NVM. Sorry. For some reason the allow it switch I put into Webroot got flipped to blocked for some reason. Must have been an update that reset it.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm glad you got it solved. Thanks for letting me know.

It hasn't been an issue with the last couple of releases, but it looks like Webroot doesn't like Release 301. I've submitted a false-positive report, so hopefully they're able to deal with it soon.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 pm

It still randomly closes for no reason and I have to keep reopening it. Do you know why it may be doing that?

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 pm

How long has that been happening? If it started after updating, do you remember what version you were using prior to that? Are there any error messages, or does it just silently close?

If it's closing because of a crash, there will be a log file generated in a "log" folder in the same directory as the program. If you find anything there, email it to me and I'll take a look.

I haven't heard any other reports of this so far, so it makes me wonder if it's also related to Webroot. It might be worth checking if still occurs with Webroot disabled, if that's possible to try.

Update: I just heard back from Webroot, and they told me the program has now been white-listed. Note that it might not take effect immediately (normally you need to wait until the next definitions update).
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

ohcapt13

Post by ohcapt13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Sorry It took a while to respond. but it stopped closing all the time for no reason, and now it is doing it again after I updated it this morning. I checked Webroot and it is still showing allowed and it wasn't un-installed like last time, but it closes on its own with out any crash messages after about 10 minutes or less.

ohcapt13

Post by ohcapt13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:46 pm

now it only stays op[en for about 1 minute before closing. I am still not getting any error or crash reports.

ohcapt13

Post by ohcapt13 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:47 am

I turn off webroot and it stays open