"Some Failed"

Ask questions and have them answered!
FatalFrame

"Some Failed"

Post by FatalFrame » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:29 pm

I am confused about the options Reset, Reset All Failed and Retry. I was downloading from sadpanda and because of my internet conection some pages failed to download as it was shown in the Failed.txt file. So what should I do to download ONLY the failed pages without doing it manually?

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: "Some Failed"

Post by Squidy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:34 am

Someone else asked about the differences between these options, and you can see my explanation in this post.

"Reset All Failed" is the same as a reset, except it resets all failed items instead of only the ones selected. If you do this, the items will return to the same state they were in when you first added them to the queue (files already downloaded are kept, though).

Normally, HDoujin will skip any existing pages on its own, so you don't need to do anything. However, sadpanda is special because each page in the gallery needs to be accessed to get the image URLs, which will eat up viewing credits even if you already have the image.

There's no easy one-click method to get only the failed pages, but it can be done by setting the page range under right-click > "Edit Information". Using the "failed.txt" file, you can determine the range of pages you need. This will avoid using up viewing credits for the images you already have.

I've added making an easier way to do this to my to-do list! I'm sorry there's no ultra-simple solution just yet.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

FatalFrame

Re: "Some Failed"

Post by FatalFrame » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:46 am

I see, thank you.