HDoujin Downloader Does Not Run

Ask questions and have them answered!
asdf

HDoujin Downloader Does Not Run

Post by asdf » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:59 am

I'm a long time user of this, and recently the program simply refuses to open. I've checked this article https://doujindownloader.com/faq-i-cant ... e-program/ to no avail. None of the solutions work. I even downloaded a fresh copy off of this site and it still does not run. Strangely enough, it runs on my other laptop just fine, both the new download, and my prior installation (copied over).

I know it has something to do with my computer, but I don't know what exactly. Compatibility mode did not work, and running it as admin failed too. I disabled all antiviruses, and already had a modern installation of Microsoft Net 4.0. Even doing a hard reset of my PC didn't work (removing the charger cord and battery and holding the power button for a minute).

Any tips?

=DD=

Re: HDoujin Downloader Does Not Run

Post by =DD= » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:55 am

Where are you placing the program? I would try to make sure to extract it somewhere other than C:/Program Files.
What version of Windows are you using? Another user has a similar problem. I wonder if they are related.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:11 pm

=DD= wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:55 am
What version of Windows are you using? Another user has a similar problem. I wonder if they are related.
Me too; this would be good to know.

The fact that you can't get it to open even with a fresh download, despite being to able open both a fresh download and your old config on a different PC, suggests that something is up with your operating system. Perhaps some system files are corrupt, but we don't have to go there just yet.
  • Are there any notable differences you're aware of between the two PCs (Windows version, for example)?
  • Did this start happening after updating HDoujin Downloader or Windows, or suddenly with no apparent cause?
  • Do you see the program listed in Task Manager when you attempt to run it? (It could be starting up but refusing to show the main window, or not starting up at all).
  • Do you see a "log" folder in your HDoujin Downloader directory? See if there are any error logs in there (if it exists), send me anything that looks relevant, and I'll check it out.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 am

Hey again,

Turns out it was my PC. Rather the lack of a system update. Quite sharp for you to catch on to it. Funny thing is, after having thought about whether HDD updates were the cause of my issues, I decided to check for a new update for my PC on a whim. One appeared, and I installe it as normal. Then when I restarted, HDD booted up normally. Thanks for your help man. I'll have to keep this solution in mind in the future. . .

Yours,
C.D.