Manga database isn't updating.

Ask questions and have them answered!
wolfwing

Manga database isn't updating.

Post by wolfwing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:10 am

I deleted the folders after I was done with the chapters, but the database still shows there being 1 chapter left, how do I get it to check how many chpaters I actually have, or how do I delete them so it will know this?

=DD=

Re: Manga database isn't updating.

Post by =DD= » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:08 am

How did you delete the folders? From the program or go to the actual folder and delete them from there? Depending on your answer, it may be as simple as running another library scan.
Check out this thread I made when I accidentally deleted stuff by using the main program to do it. I had to use a SQL database viewer to fix the paths.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=103

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:10 pm

=DD= wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:08 am
How did you delete the folders? From the program or go to the actual folder and delete them from there? Depending on your answer, it may be as simple as running another library scan.
Check out this thread I made when I accidentally deleted stuff by using the main program to do it. I had to use a SQL database viewer to fix the paths.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=103
well i'm not deleting the manga itself, just like I get new chapter of black clover, I read that, I want to delete the chapter of black clover I got and have the database keep track of this, I have like 20 folders, so want to be able to keep track of which manga I've read and which ones I havn't. how do I remove the chapters of black clover I just read.

and for some reason run library scan doesn't update anything, so I can't even get it to register new manga added, I have to delete the manga database file.

=DD=

Post by =DD= » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm

I think I get what you are trying to do. Ideally, you shouldn't really have to be deleting anything if your planning to use Manga Database. Doing so, confuses the database. The development of the h-doujin modules have been on the backburner for a while now but I'm hoping Squidy will take a re-look at it, and perhaps rewrite the code for these because there's potential. Its missing functionality to do what you want at the moment. Which is essentially marking things as "read" and omitting it from view. The reading lists are a bit limited also.

You could take a look at some current alternatives in the mean time. HappyPandaX supports metadata from hdoujin. There's also a program called lanraragi that has potential although it only works in images and not zips/rar's. There's a comic reader that I hear works quite well for manga. Comic Rack? That has the feature to do what you want, that way you can save HDD space.

I've also seen online tracking lists, that you can check what manga you've read and what you haven't. I think myanimelist has something like that.

Let me know what you come up with for your own workflow. :)
=DD=

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:57 pm

=DD= wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm
I think I get what you are trying to do. Ideally, you shouldn't really have to be deleting anything if your planning to use Manga Database. Doing so, confuses the database. The development of the h-doujin modules have been on the backburner for a while now but I'm hoping Squidy will take a re-look at it, and perhaps rewrite the code for these because there's potential. Its missing functionality to do what you want at the moment. Which is essentially marking things as "read" and omitting it from view. The reading lists are a bit limited also.

You could take a look at some current alternatives in the mean time. HappyPandaX supports metadata from hdoujin. There's also a program called lanraragi that has potential although it only works in images and not zips/rar's. There's a comic reader that I hear works quite well for manga. Comic Rack? That has the feature to do what you want, that way you can save HDD space.

I've also seen online tracking lists, that you can check what manga you've read and what you haven't. I think myanimelist has something like that.

Let me know what you come up with for your own workflow. :)
=DD=

I use mal, the problem is A) it won't tell me as far as I know when a new chapter is available, I'm looking right now at around 60 running manga with more probably getting added, things that made mangadex and this handy is they will tell me when new stuff comes up :> And B) which is a problem that will grow :> I have 50.3 GB's of manga right now, that if I start reading naruto will jump alot :>