8muses, updating a url already on the download

Ask questions and have them answered!
beta09

8muses, updating a url already on the download

Post by beta09 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi,

I already have various links on the download list. 8muses regularly update the albums that they have on their site (for example, the number of pages to download may change from 10 to 20). However, "Delete Select Files and Reset" or "Reset" doesn't seem to reset the total number of pages to download.

I have to completely delete the link from the download list and add it back again for the total pages to update.

Is the ability to 'auto update' a url link a feature that is not possible? Or a feature that is present but doesn't work on 8muses?

Thanks!

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: 8muses, updating a url already on the download

Post by Squidy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 am

This is exactly what bookmarks are for! They allow you to keep track of when new pages or chapters (where applicable) are uploaded, and can be used to update your already-downloaded files with new content.

You can access the bookmarks panel by pressing Ctrl+D, or by clicking "Manga > Bookmarks". To add an item in the queue to your bookmarks, right-click it and click "Add to Bookmarks". When there's new content, you can add it to the queue by right-clicking the bookmark(s) and selecting "Download New Chapters" (for content without chapters, this will be new pages instead). If you have any questions about this feature, feel free to ask.

If that's too much trouble and you want to refresh the page count manually, instead of resetting it, do "Set Download Status > Remove and Requeue". This will remove the item from the queue and add it again, effectively refreshing all metadata.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

beta09

Post by beta09 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 am

OH. MY. GOD.

I feel like an absolutely moron.

Thank you so much for this!

beta09

Post by beta09 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 am

Actually, further to the above, is it possible to track the 'main' series of comics rather than the individual 'issues' under it on 8muses?

Is HDoujin able to extract the multiple issues under a main comic? Currently, when I add the link to a comic that has multiple issues under it, it seems to extract the front cover of each issue but not all the pages under it. Is there any way for the HDoujin (on 8muses) to automatically break down a comic into its various issues and download all images under each issue to a separate folder?

Thank you again for the help!

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:38 am

It's not possible to do that in the current release, but I'll make it possible in the next update! I'll just have them be treated as chapters, so you'll be able to track them accordingly.

Update: All right, this is implemented halfway in Release 247. Sub-albums will be treated like chapters, but this is not recursive at the moment. If these albums lead to more sub-albums, you'll still just get the thumbnails from those sub-albums.

I wanted to get the recursive part working for this release, but didn't have enough time for it. I'll try to get it working soon!
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

beta09

Post by beta09 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:01 am

Thank you! You are an absolute star!