Alot to ask but Please Update soon as possible?

Ask questions and have them answered!
StormJumper

Alot to ask but Please Update soon as possible?

Post by StormJumper » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:21 pm

This is asking alot but sites like LHtranslation are breaking HDoujin and new Raw sites are blocking attempts to download or as example of LHtranslation they add gifs to the download or use the gifs to block download actions. This is starting to get worse and worse on sites now and HDoujin is breaking.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Alot to ask but Please Update soon as possible?

Post by Squidy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:51 am

Hey,

I understand, an update is definitely in order-- I'm currently working towards releasing a new update later this week, and move toward regular, weekly updates from thereon out.

There's certainly a lot to be done, but you have to start somewhere!

All the best,
Squidy
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

froggo

Post by froggo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm

great to hear that! Been holding out for an update cause I love how well this downloader works. Looking forward to it working on all sites again.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:19 am

As you might have already noticed, there isn't a new update available yet. Things are taking a bit longer than I had hoped, but I'm actively working on it. I'll keep you posted so you're not left in the dark.

What I'm doing right now is trying to clean up the codebase a bit to make the upcoming updates easier to implement. Honestly, when I started this project just over 5 years ago, I was a pretty naive programmer. My projects prior to this were little games and game mod tools, nothing too extravagant-- Didn't even know what a POST request was. I've learned lots of new things since then, and HDoujin Downloader's codebase is a reflection of that. There's a lot of spaghetti going on from its early days, to the point where there's stuff I wrote where I can't even begin to think about what was going through my head at the time (and of course I'm scared to touch it because it'll inevitably break something-- Been there, done that).

Cleaning it up will be an iterative process. My top priorities right now are separating modules from the compiled executable to allow for simpler updates, then updating the ones that need to be fixed. That's what I'm doing as we speak.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

froggo

Post by froggo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:31 am

thanks for the update Squidy. Totally understandable. I'm sure everyone doesn't mind waiting longer as long as we know things are being worked on.