NHentai File Path Too Long

Ask questions and have them answered!
EmperorWSA

NHentai File Path Too Long

Post by EmperorWSA » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:39 am

I have never had this problem in the past, at least that I have noticed. I have the 255 length option selected, but I have been getting a LOT of errors trying to download due to the file length. I prefer to have it set to a full title for the directory,the site name, and then each file inside would be the full name with the page number after. In the past if there was a length issue, it seemed to still do the full title for the directory and then the pages would have a truncated title and the page number. Now this doesnt seem to work. I did go into site specific options and remove the site name from the folder...I have this for manga where I end up getting the same title from 2 different sites...This would cause the directory to be truncated and the page names to be the full title. Do I have something setup wrong, or is there a way to fix this?

Before I posted this I did some more messing around with some of the titles that were throwing errors. I reset nhentai back to the default. There were a few titles that if I removed 3 characters from the title, it would create and download. I got the <full title>\nhentai\<truncated title page_00>....So I dont know what is going on. In that case it is doing what it usually does. Any titles that are a few characters over this, and it doesnt even try to shorten it. The only difference between it truncating and just giving an error is a few characters it seems.

Edit:
Ok I think I have found the issue. The way Nhentai handles the original title and the translated title. It seems to separate this by " | ". I tried removing that on a few titles, and it would work. It would truncate the pages not the directory just fine removing those 3 characters. I added a find and replace rule to replace " | " with "_" and they dont seem to error out unless it is really long. The program must just give up trying to truncate the full %TITLE% with however they changed their formatting. If anyone has any better ideas please let me know. Oh and I dont have the box checked under site specific options to use the full titles. There are 2 listings one for pretty titles and full titles, and I have both of those unchecked.