Download completed but failed

Ask questions and have them answered!
shiruya

Download completed but failed

Post by shiruya » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi there, just to say that i been using this for years now and really enjoyed it.

The latest update did help with the download and it was smooth.
A few days ago, my download from hitomi has all showed 'Completed(some failed)'. So i did try to take a random doujin but result is still the same.
All the download only create a folder, there was no content inside, which is weird since usually if failed is always a few picture.

Other website like the sad panda works normally and Im using the full ver,
Just wan to sound this out.

StormJumper

Re: Download completed but failed

Post by StormJumper » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:40 pm

I had that as well and those are either uploader removed or improperly saved or they didn't create the series and just made empty folders. That would require the reader to find a way to contact the content creator and uploader to redo the series or add the missing chapters. It's not really a HDD issue but site/uploader/creator issue to fix this.

shiruya

Post by shiruya » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Hmm, thing is all my download from hitome are just empty folder on my directory. The gallery on site and the download works normally on their website as well but just slow.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:47 am

That would indicate a change on the site to prevent HDD from downloading the correct links and instead the site probably implemented some kinda of gif to block HDD from finding the manga series to download. That would be a bug issue for HDD to look into to fix if that is the case.