Search by tag

Ask questions and have them answered!
Gaudy

Search by tag

Post by Gaudy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:28 pm

Hi, this is my first post. Is there a way search/filter CBZ and CBR by tags? Assuming all these files already contain info.txt
The info.txt is compatible with anothers CBR/CBZ viewers? or is only compatible with Manga Database?

=DD=

Re: Search by tag

Post by =DD= » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:05 pm

The Manga Database module has basic functionality but you can filter results via tag by typing in your tag at the top.
If your collection is cbz/cbr and you want to use another comic reader such as comicrack, then I would recommend creating comicinfo.xml files instead of .txt ones. Try generating one and see if you like it.

If you want to use .txt files then I recommend using V2 of the metadata which has more tags. MangaDatabase only supports V1 of the metadata.
The info.txt metadata is supported by other readers such as happypanda x reader which has a little more functionality.

Gaudy

Post by Gaudy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Thanks for your answer, but how can I covert info.txt to comicinfo.xml, I didnt find it in google, same if a search "create or generate comicinfo.xml"

=DD=

Post by =DD= » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:55 pm

Go to Settings>Save to> Metadata and change file formatting to ComicInfo.xml. This will mean any future downloads you do from here on in will have the appropriate metadata in the format you want from now on.

For your existing collection, it's going to require some work. You'll need to re-add all the manga you had before into the client and without downloading right click on it > go to save metadata and click on generate metadata. This will create an empty folder with the .xml format file inside. Then you can either move your images into that folder or move the metadata file to where your images are.

Be sure to test with ComicRack or whichever comic reader you are using and be sure the look is how you want it.