Downloading from panda.chaika.moe

Ask questions and have them answered!
Suariju

Solved Downloading from panda.chaika.moe

Post by Suariju » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:09 pm

after entering the archive url of a gallery archived on panda.chaika.moe everything looks fine until I start the download, it will download the entire archive into a normal folder and then say "Error (failed to extract archive)" even though everything is uncompressed and it also wont convert into anything else. It also only renames the first page according to set rules. I feel like I've managed to make this work before but fiddling with settings don't seem to make any difference this time. And I also know it's not among the supported websites but this feels so close to working. Does anyone have any experience with this?

=DD=

Re: Downloading from panda.chaika.moe

Post by =DD= » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:41 pm

I've noticed the same error on my downloads "Error (failed to extract archive)" but they download fine for me with default settings.
Can you tell us a little more about your settings? Anything you've changed? I take it you have convert on also?

With this particular site, hdoujin downloads the zip at first, and with default settings, extracts it so I'm left with a folder and images.
I do notice the metadata file doesn't generate when the download completes. I have to manually click the generate metadata button to grab those.

I can certainly see problems if you have convert on and it's trying to download the zip, extract, and then re-zip.

Suariju

Post by Suariju » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:45 am

The images certainly downloads, even when it gives the error. And changing conversion settings changes nothing and besides, the main reason I'd want to download them via hdoujin downloader is to streamline the process of converting a gallery inta a .cbz file with a metadata file inside it. So for now I will just download the archive via the link on the website and rename it to .cbz before saving it, then after that generate the ComicInfo.xml and insert it into the .cbz manually. This is at least the easiest way I can think of doing this.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:41 am

It's not your fault. It looks when I updated formatting string parsing a few versions ago it ended up breaking the code that generates names for the files extracted from the archive.

I just uploaded an update, so this should be fixed now. Let me know if you have any problems, though!
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Suariju

Post by Suariju » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Oh yeah, it works perfectly now! Many thanks! <3

Rawwrrhime

Solved Re: Downloading from panda.chaika.moe

Post by Rawwrrhime » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:39 pm

TS Please close the Thread then if it's solved