Custom chapter folder name?

Ask questions and have them answered!
Rude Boy EEEE

Custom chapter folder name?

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 am

So I have been downloading from manga4life, and they seem to be changing the names to the localized versions of them (Example being "Boku no Hero Academia" changed to "My Hero Academia"). I don't feel like changing every chapter name for the umpteenth time, and I sorta do prefer the Japanese names. Is there a way to make it so that the folders created say a custom title, such as "Boku no Hero Academia" instead of the title it grabs from the website?

Thanks in advance!

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Custom chapter folder name?

Post by Squidy » Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 am

You can customize the chapter titles under "Settings > Save to > Chapters".

I noticed that this site still has the original title under the "Alternate Name(s)" field. While HDoujin Downloader does read this field, it currently can't be used for naming chapters (it should be, though! I'll add that in a future update). In the meantime, you could try one of the following things:
  • Set your chapter formatting string to %MTITLE% - %CHAPTER#%, and then set the title for the download by right-clicking the queue item, selecting "Edit Information", and setting the the title to "Boku no Hero Academia". The %MTITLE% token will be replaced with this value.
Or:
  • Add a custom token for the site under "Settings > Save to > General > Custom Tokens". Set the left bound to Alternate Name(s):</span>, and the right bound to <. You can then use that token in your chapter formatting string to get the value of the "Alternate Name(s)" field. Something like this:
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Rude Boy EEEE

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Wed May 12, 2021 1:54 am

Thanks Squidy! And sorry for the late reply. I'll test this out next time I download. Have a good one!

Rude Boy EEEE

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Squidy wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 am
You can customize the chapter titles under "Settings > Save to > Chapters".

I noticed that this site still has the original title under the "Alternate Name(s)" field. While HDoujin Downloader does read this field, it currently can't be used for naming chapters (it should be, though! I'll add that in a future update). In the meantime, you could try one of the following things:
  • Set your chapter formatting string to %MTITLE% - %CHAPTER#%, and then set the title for the download by right-clicking the queue item, selecting "Edit Information", and setting the the title to "Boku no Hero Academia". The %MTITLE% token will be replaced with this value.
Or:
  • Add a custom token for the site under "Settings > Save to > General > Custom Tokens". Set the left bound to Alternate Name(s):</span>, and the right bound to <. You can then use that token in your chapter formatting string to get the value of the "Alternate Name(s)" field. Something like this:
The first option doesn't seem to work, and looking back, I tried it before. For the second option, how do I set the "Alternate Name(s)" then? I have the custom token in there now.

Rude Boy EEEE

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:05 pm

@Squidy

Sorry, I know it's been a while, but did you ever figure this out?

Edit: Ah wait, I see! So for Detective Conan, it gives me multiple names. How do I go about choosing just one (the first) for it to assign?

Edit 2: The test button does it, but the actual results don't change chapter folders to match the alternative title. I can't seem to use the token on them...