exhentai login doesn't work

Ask questions and have them answered!
neet101

Solved exhentai login doesn't work

Post by neet101 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:44 pm

I changed my password for exhentai/e-hentai and then I did the same thing to HDoujin logins section to match with what changes.

Now I'm unable to DL from there, constantly bombarded with "Login Failed" notifs.

There was a case where the "Login Failed" notifs came up when I'm not using a VPN (since my ISP is blocking adult sites), but it usually resolved by turning the VPN on and restarting the program. My VPN is active when the downloads stopped working.

Any idea where things went wrong? Thanks

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: exhentai login doesn't work

Post by Squidy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 am

Did you ever manually add login cookies under "Settings > Downloads > General > Edit Cookies"? It's possible that it's trying to use your old login cookies, which would've been invalidated when you changed your password. I recommend taking a look there and making sure there are no cookies saved for either site.

If it still fails, it's possible that it's encountering a captcha on the login form. HDoujin Downloader currently has no means of dealing with this, but you can get around it by adding your login cookies manually by following the instructions here.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

neet101

Post by neet101 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:39 pm

Alright, bit about cookies management did it.

Thanks a bunch, Squidy.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Glad to hear it! ❤️
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.