Skip adding manga to queue when it was already downloaded and cleared

Ask questions and have them answered!
Dystasia

Skip adding manga to queue when it was already downloaded and cleared

Post by Dystasia » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:29 am

Is it possible to skip adding manga to the queue when it has already been downloaded AND cleared previously from the queue list?

I know that when adding a manga that's already in the queue it will not get added again, but after it has been cleared from the queue the only indication we have that it has already been downloaded is the fact that HDoujingDownloader reads the contents of the directory and shows the size of it in the list. What I want is for it to not be added in first place after finding the directory to have any size that isn't 0. I know this might bring some other issues, but I think the benefits outweigh the cost specially if it is optional and I can turn it off or on at will.

Otherwise I would like to propose it. I will describe all the benefits and reasons this feature would be good in a feature request post if we don't have this already.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Skip adding manga to queue when it was already downloaded and cleared

Post by Squidy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:52 am

Open the history panel by selecting "Downloads > History" from the menu at the top of the program window. Enable history, and then click the button on the top right corner of the panel to show some settings. You'll see a checkbox labeled "Don't add URLs to the queue that exist in history".

That should accomplish what you're looking for!
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Dystasia

Post by Dystasia » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:28 am

Squidy wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:52 am
Open the history panel by selecting "Downloads > History" from the menu at the top of the program window. Enable history, and then click the button on the top right corner of the panel to show some settings. You'll see a checkbox labeled "Don't add URLs to the queue that exist in history".

That should accomplish what you're looking for!
Nice!! Thank you so much. As always, you are one step ahead =P.

Dystasia

Post by Dystasia » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:37 am

Oh also, this history feature you have is so good! I only wish it was easier to find or slightly more apparent. I can't believe I've been using HDoujinD without this!

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:45 am

Dystasia wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:37 am
Oh also, this history feature you have is so good! I only wish it was easier to find or slightly more apparent. I can't believe I've been using HDoujinD without this!
Hehe, you're right, it could be easier to find. :3 This question does seem to come up quite a bit.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.