Save converted output in folder with Parody/series name?

Ask questions and have them answered!
G1rr

Save converted output in folder with Parody/series name?

Post by G1rr » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:09 am

I currently download all images from various sites and save/convert them to a CBZ with a ComicInfo.xml inside of it.

I then have to create a parent folder for that CBZ so that it is identified as an individual release in my Comic Reader of choice, Komga.
I am wondering if this process can be more automated?!

For example, in Settings -> Save To -> General section I can set the Folder Naming to "%PARODY%" which would then create the parent folder for that release according to the parody itself.

This option isn't available in the Convert section in which the converted and packed, for example, CBZ would then just be added in the output folder.

While I could just organize everything with the individual images, I would prefer to have everything packed as CBZ and have those CBZs in a parent folder that is the Series/Parody or, if not available, set to original (or user-defined value).

G1rr

Re: Save converted output in folder with Parody/series name?

Post by G1rr » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:31 pm

So after trying a few things I found a solution.

Generally speaking, the "Move converted files to" option will, well, only move the converted file into the output folder and there is no option to create a parent folder.

However, when you disable that option and then modify the "folders" option in Settings -> Save To -> General you can add "%SERIES%\" at the beginning (so in front of what you already have in it) will create a new folder in the download directory with the Series name and then download the images into it including the metadata file and then convert it. The converted output will remain in the Series folder.

Not 100% what I was looking for but it will get the job done, I would have to copy the files manually then or point the download folder to the location I would want them to be saved.

Now I only need to figure out how I can choose between picking the Parody or a Series name when either of them is empty.