Name chapter folder just manga title and chapter number?

Ask questions and have them answered!
Rude Boy EEEE

Name chapter folder just manga title and chapter number?

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Hey, is there a way to have chapter folders just be named the chapter number? For example, instead of it saying:
Manga Title Chapter 173

It says:
Manga Title 173

I just purchased a license earlier today, by the way! I really love how detailed this downloader is, I can tell you put a lot of work into it!

Red_Rain77

Re: Name chapter folder just manga title and chapter number?

Post by Red_Rain77 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 am

Settings > Save To > Chapters > You should see an option for naming, to get the format you want, use this string: %MTITLE% %CHAPTER#%

So, for example, the most recent chapter of Fuuka would be labeled: Fuuka 69.

Personally, I have it setup to use: Fuuka Ch.69, which would be %MTITLE% Ch.%CHAPTER#%

I agree its an amazing piece of software.

Rude Boy EEEE

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:35 am

Red_Rain77 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 am
Settings > Save To > Chapters > You should see an option for naming, to get the format you want, use this string: %MTITLE% %CHAPTER#%

So, for example, the most recent chapter of Fuuka would be labeled: Fuuka 69.

Personally, I have it setup to use: Fuuka Ch.69, which would be %MTITLE% Ch.%CHAPTER#%

I agree its an amazing piece of software.
Nah, it's still coming out as "Manga Title Chapter ###"
Am I not saving the settings?
Here are the settings I'm using.

Rude Boy EEEE

Post by Rude Boy EEEE » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Figured out the problem! It's only when I do single chapters that it doesn't do what I wanted. It's ok for now though, I can use a bulk renaming program to remove the word Chapter. Maybe doing the thing I wanted to do for single chapters could be in a future update?

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:03 am

Rude Boy EEEE wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:14 pm
Figured out the problem! It's only when I do single chapters that it doesn't do what I wanted. It's ok for now though, I can use a bulk renaming program to remove the word Chapter. Maybe doing the thing I wanted to do for single chapters could be in a future update?
If you add chapters to the queue individually, they'll be named according to the folder formatting string you have under Settings > Save to > General. If you add the full manga to the queue, right-click, select "Choose Chapters", and select the chapters you want from there, they'll be named according to your chapter naming rules.

If you don't want to do that, HDoujin has a find-and-replace tool for folder names build-in. From the same settings page, click the "Find and Replace" button on the bottom right, and you'll be able to specify replacement patterns.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.