How to auto download chapter updates?

Ask questions and have them answered!
ImNtoDurnk

How to auto download chapter updates?

Post by ImNtoDurnk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi. I've been using this for months now and I really love it. I'm just wondering how do I auto download the updates of my bookmarks because after it checks the updates it just adds them as queue and that's it. There are times that it does do auto download and I don't know how it happens but once I restart the program it goes back to just adding them to queue but not downloading them.

=DD=

Re: How to auto download chapter updates?

Post by =DD= » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 am

What do you have set in your default download status setting? (Settings>Downloads>General)

Riztard

Post by Riztard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:12 am

=DD= wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 am
What do you have set in your default download status setting? (Settings>Downloads>General)
:hdoujin: THX for your Work Squidy. You are great. :hdoujin: by - Player 1

ImNtoDurnk

Post by ImNtoDurnk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 pm

=DD= wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:17 am
Thanks for the reply.
I looked at it and setup the scheduler but still just adds the updates as queue and doesn't download them.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 am

In the cases where they start downloading automatically, there may be other download tasks active. If there's at least one download task active (and the simultaneous download limit hasn't been hit yet), HDoujin will start downloading additional tasks until they've all been run.

To get this behavior consistently, you can try setting your "Default download status" setting to "Downloading" (this setting is under Settings > Downloads > General). (This is what =DD= was getting at.)

When you do that, everything you add to the queue will start downloading immediately (assuming that the maximum number of tasks isn't already running), including new chapters added by the bookmarks panel. Of course, this comes at the cost of everything else you add to the queue downloading immediately when possible.

There's no setting at the moment to only apply this behavior to bookmarks, but if that's something you want, let me know.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

ImNtoDurnk

Post by ImNtoDurnk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 am

Squidy wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 am
In the cases where they start downloading automatically, there may be other download tasks active. If there's at least one download task active (and the simultaneous download limit hasn't been hit yet), HDoujin will start downloading additional tasks until they've all been run.

To get this behavior consistently, you can try setting your "Default download status" setting to "Downloading" (this setting is under Settings > Downloads > General). (This is what =DD= was getting at.)

When you do that, everything you add to the queue will start downloading immediately (assuming that the maximum number of tasks isn't already running), including new chapters added by the bookmarks panel. Of course, this comes at the cost of everything else you add to the queue downloading immediately when possible.

There's no setting at the moment to only apply this behavior to bookmarks, but if that's something you want, let me know.
Oh thanks a lot!!! Now it's working. About the times it downloads the updates automatically (before changing the setting) I'm certain that all my downloads have been completed and I've bet trying to recreate how it happens but I have no clue how it does. It just happens when it feels like it(?)so you can just take note of it if its a bug or something.
Thanks again and keep up the good work!!