Is there a way to sort downloads by cosplayer?

Ask questions and have them answered!
Wenn

Is there a way to sort downloads by cosplayer?

Post by Wenn » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:03 am

Is there a way to sort downloads by cosplayer? I know I can sort by tags with the hierarchy but it would be awesome to be able to group them all together with needing to manually create a rule for it

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to sort downloads by cosplayer?

Post by Squidy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:19 am

If you go to Settings > Save to > General, you can set your folder formatting string to something like %AUTHOR||ARTIST%\%TITLE% to automatically sort all downloads into author/artist subfolders.

These fields might not be set depending on the site you're downloading from, though. Let me know, and I'll make sure that this actually works for the site in question.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Wenn

Post by Wenn » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:32 am

I used the example you gave and then also tried %COSPLAYER%\%TITLE% and then %COSPLAYER% but for e-hentai.org it doesnt seem to see the cosplayer tag I guess? Sorry for late replay I was trying to get it to work on my own with the advice.

This seems to be an issue with how people are uploading the content the shows a cosplayer name listed but then some of the time it doesnt show up in meta or it is a different name.

Im now looking at a way to try and do it with the "cosplayer" tags since those seem to line up.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:11 am

Ah okay, I see what you mean now. HDoujin Downloader will add the cosplayer information as a namespaced tag ("cosplayer:name"), but this isn't accessible for naming purposes.

Let me think about the best way to handle this. I'll try to have a solution ready for the next program update.

Wenn

Post by Wenn » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:18 am

Thank you, the more I use this program the more I am amazed at how many places it works

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:59 am

All right, this finally possible with the latest update. You can now set your folder formatting string to something like:

%AUTHOR||ARTIST||TAGS(COSPLAYER:)%\%TITLE%

You can reorder them as you want, but this will place every gallery in a subfolder named after the author/artist/cosplayer (whichever is available first). The %TAGS(COSPLAYER:)% is a new way of filtering tags according by namespace. So if you have the tags "female, cosplay, cosplayer:name", it will be evaluated as just "name".

Hopefully this suits your needs, and sorry for the wait!