error logging in to g.e-hentai.org error

chubits

Re: Cannot add download from exhentai

Post by chubits » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:10 am

sola154 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:16 am
Cannot add download from exhentai

error logging in to g.e-hentai.org error
Just checked, it works. Are you using a VPN?
Sorry for English (Google translate)

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:30 am

Try logging in manually. Some users get a captcha on the login form (I'm not sure what triggers it; it might be IP based) which interferes with the automated login process.

See here for more details: https://github.com/HDoujinDownloader/HD ... o-ExHentai

Let me know if it doesn't work for you!
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

tonjum

Post by tonjum » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:15 am

Having the same problem and after logging in on chrome and trying to manually apply cookies it's not logging in my account at all.

ari

Post by ari » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:43 am

Getting a login failed error for e-hentai as well today, hasn't happened before-
I can manage with importing cooking but when I do that it doesn't download the images in original file size anymore,
any way to make that work alongside manual cookies?

strezman

Post by strezman » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:28 am

same error

g.e-hentai.org

if go there, the site is down, but if go to e-hentai .org it's fine, maybe change the site? from need g.e-hentai to e-hentai?

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 am

It's happening because of the captcha on the login form. It used to only be there for some users, but they seem to have rolled it out for more users now. HDoujin Downloader currently has no means of dealing with the captcha, so the login fails. However, the workaround of adding your cookies manually still works. Make sure you add them for "exhentai.org" and they should work for both sites.

I've got a better solution in the works though, and will have something available soon.
ari wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:43 am
I can manage with importing cooking but when I do that it doesn't download the images in original file size anymore,
any way to make that work alongside manual cookies?
Thanks for mentioning that-- It's because of how it checks for an account for enabling original-size downloads, which doesn't take cookies into consideration. I'll have this fixed in the next update. 🙏

MBMBMB

Post by MBMBMB » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:09 am

Hi,

So the cookies stuff does not help. It just randomly stopped working and says cannot login. I think it is because the downloader triest to login on g.e-hentai.org but the issue is that the domain g.e-hentai.org does not exist anymore. The website has moved to e-hentai.org so it needs to be replaced in the code I think. Would love to use the downloader again.

ps. downloading from e-hentai.org does work but not from exhentai. Mainly because the failed login mentioned above.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:43 am

MBMBMB wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:09 am
Hi,

So the cookies stuff does not help. It just randomly stopped working and says cannot login. I think it is because the downloader triest to login on g.e-hentai.org but the issue is that the domain g.e-hentai.org does not exist anymore. The website has moved to e-hentai.org so it needs to be replaced in the code I think. Would love to use the downloader again.

ps. downloading from e-hentai.org does work but not from exhentai. Mainly because the failed login mentioned above.
Adding the cookies manually is still working on my end. Could you send some screenshots so I can see how you've added the cookies? (Just make sure to censor the values.)

As far as automating the login goes, I'm very sure it's the captcha causing the problem. It doesn't login through g.e-hentai.org, but the forums (forums.e-hentai.org).

MBMBMB

Post by MBMBMB » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:52 am

Yep, you are right. It did work after adding cookies the third time. I guess I was doing something wrong the first two times. Thanks for the help! Love the app.