Renaming help

Ask questions and have them answered!
romaroma

Renaming help

Post by romaroma » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:10 am

This is might sound slightly insane, but is there a way to If-Then statements in the naming rules? I accidentally changed something that forced me to stop manually editing default download titles and I'm trying to get fancy with it.

So can I somehow make a rule that checks IF PARODY=TRUE, THEN the output should be "(%PARODY%)", ELSE there's no output? I think that %PARODY% "Original" if the downloader can't find a series, so I suspect there's already something similar to what I want going on under the hood, and it ultimately comes down to whether or not there are user-side commands to have a go at the program's naming logic.

I totally understand if there's no way that works, but I wanted to check anyway.

Addenum: Is there a way to get exhentai to give me just the title instead of the whole world slurry that they use for gallery names?

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Renaming help

Post by Squidy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:44 am

This is completely unhinged. Seek help.

Just kidding-- There's an %IF% token just for this. It looks a little ugly, but you could use something like %IF(%PARODY%,"("%PARODY%")")%, or even more complicated logic like %IF(%PARODY%!=Original,"("%PARODY%")")%. (The quotation marks are necessary so the parser doesn't get confused by the parentheses, but they won't appear in the output).

See here for more information: https://github.com/HDoujinDownloader/HD ... ng-Strings

As for the other thing, try going to Tools > Site settings > e-hentai.org, and on the "Metadata" tab, check off the "Remove all extra information from title". That should do what you want.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

romaroma

Re: Renaming help

Post by romaroma » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:42 am

Thanks kindly, I couldn't have asked for a better answer.