Donwnload Original size from Ehentai/e-hentai

Ask questions and have them answered!
daha225

Donwnload Original size from Ehentai/e-hentai

Post by daha225 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pm

I've searched about this topic but I don't find it.

Just want to ask, is there a way to download a full size image in ehentai?

Lkv-976

Re: Donwnload Original size from Ehentai/e-hentai

Post by Lkv-976 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:35 pm

Yeah, the recent update made it possible to log in again but appears to not download in the original size, I've tried both e/ex-hentai and it downloads the wrong versions. I.e just downloaded something that originally was 2894x4093 and it downloaded in 1280x1810, I've also tried others so it's not isolated to just one entry. Hope there is a fix.

tewcsmcduke

Post by tewcsmcduke » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 am

Go to site settings -> e-hentai -> make sure image size is set to original and "download from mirror sites" is unchecked. If this is checked it will just download the max size from hitomi.la instead of original file from e-hentai. I don't have many issues downloading full size images from e-hentai this way.

Lkv-976

Post by Lkv-976 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:28 am

tewcsmcduke wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 am
Go to site settings -> e-hentai -> make sure image size is set to original and "download from mirror sites" is unchecked. If this is checked it will just download the max size from hitomi.la instead of original file from e-hentai. I don't have many issues downloading full size images from e-hentai this way.
Just tested with this gallery https://exhentai.org/g/2870615/b4d4a36524/ and https://e-hentai.org/g/2870615/b4d4a36524/ (Same galley)

Testing both, for some reason, the e-hentai version is 1280x1810 and the ex-hentai version is 2037x2880 when downloaded, I have no idea why they downloaded in two different sizes, the original resolution is 2894x4093. In my settings I have it set to download original size and have download from mirror sites unchecked. I have no clue what the problem is, I even reinstalled a fresh version because I thought it may be bugged from updating from the previous version, but both instances are doing it. I've also tested other galleries so like I said it's not specific to that one.

Edit: I will also say it only started doing this with the new update, it never once did it previously.

tewcsmcduke

Post by tewcsmcduke » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:57 pm

I just tested this using both links for those galleries and was able to successfully download the full 98.98mb gallery in both cases using the settings I described. I'm also using the latest version of the program. I don't know if this is something to do with your account, but I know that e-hentai did semi-recently change something with the way images are downloaded from the Hath network so maybe that might have to do with it? Then again my account is also gold star donator and I don't know about yours (nor do I know if that has anything to do with it) but that's something to keep in mind.

Also check your settings on the settings page of both e-hentai and exhentai, and make sure they're the same since the settings pages are actually different between the sites even if exhentai is just a mirror of e-hentai.

Also, the original resolution of the images in that gallery aren't all the same. For example, pages 1-3 and 12 are 2894x4093 but pages 4-10 are 4961x7016 and page 11 is 2817x3975.