Hitomi.la increasing unreliability

Ask questions and have them answered!
tewcsmcduke

Hitomi.la increasing unreliability

Post by tewcsmcduke » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:54 pm

Is there something that can be done about hitomi.la in the program? I am using the mirror images for e-hentai galleries option and this has recently become incredibly annoying and unreliable since images are constantly failing.

This has been a problem for a while now since hitomi started doing some sort of weird anti-scraping but it's become especially bad as of late. Now it's anyone's guess as to whether large galleries (200+ pages) will complete without missing images. The likelihood to successfully download all images in any gallery over 1000 pages on the first try is probably like 10% at most. It's especially annoying since HDD seems to check for every single image on the retry and takes a really long time to do this, so it takes up a tremendous amount of time to go through 1000+ page galleries multiple times just to watch it fail over and over again. It's not like Hitomi is IP banning me since I can access the website just fine and even download smaller (~50 pages or less) galleries just fine most of the time. It's just these large galleries that always have tons of issues.

Using a VPN and changing servers used to help with this but now it doesn't feel like this is working anymore. Can anything be done about this on HDD side? Like maybe another mirror since I don't think I've ever seen the program use anything other than Hitomi (assuming it's even meant to use anything but that?).