Favicon

Ask questions and have them answered!
Riztard

Favicon

Post by Riztard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 am

This manga web dont have favicon, so i try add it.

its goin well in bookmark ,but queue only change if i add new after add favicon, but after i relaunch HDD favicon in the bookmark stay with new favicon, but the queue just like this

what should i do
:hdoujin: THX for your Work Squidy. You are great. :hdoujin: by - Player 1

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Favicon

Post by Squidy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 am

I wasn't sure why this was happening either, to be honest. It's been at least two years since I last touched the code that handles the favicons! So, I did some digging around:

This happens because the download queue is loaded first. When a queue item is loaded, if it doesn't have a valid favicon URL, HDoujin assumes that it must not have a favicon (which mangashiro doesn't) and doesn't bother trying to load one.

The bookmarks panel, however, doesn't care, since it doesn't have access to favicon URLs anyway. It just checks the favicon folder, sees if something is there, and loads it.

When you add a new item to the queue after this point, it notices that the bookmarks panel has already loaded a favicon for this site, so it uses that. That's why you see the favicon applied to items you add after starting HDoujin.

I've got this fixed now on my end, so it'll be working as desired for the next release.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.