Artist Download

Ask questions and have them answered!
Xunder

Artist Download

Post by Xunder » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Can i download all the hentai of an artist or do i need to manually add each link?

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Artist Download

Post by Squidy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 am

This is supported for some sites, where you can add a search or tag URL and all content underneath of it will be added to the queue. If you let me know what site you have in mind, I can tell you specifically what works and what doesn't.

On a side note, you might find it useful that you can highlight all of the galleries/links/whatever on a webpage, copy, and add all copied items to the queue with "Add from Clipboard". In some bulk-add situations, this can be useful.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Xunder

Post by Xunder » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm thinking Hentai2read, nhentai and/or e-hentai. Anyway thanks for replying

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 am

You're in luck, then! Adding tag/search URLs from all of those sites is supported.

Note that, in most cases, the program will not automatically crawl through multiple pages. If you add the first page of results, it will only add the galleries in that page. While this makes things a little bit faster, it's no good if there are tons of pages. For this, use "Manga > Add from List".

At the bottom of the window, you'll see a textbox with a "Generate" button next to it. This makes it easy to generate a list of all results pages that you can easily add to the queue. For example, say you want the first 100 pages of results for content tagged with "English" from nhentai. You would put https://nhentai.net/language/english/?page=(1-100) into the textbox, click "Generate", and the list will be populated with all URLs in that range. Just click "OK", and everything will be added to the queue!

simonrule

Post by simonrule » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

is this the nhentai feature that i requested long time ago that will let you download all artist work with specific language ?

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:17 am

simonrule wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am
is this the nhentai feature that i requested long time ago that will let you download all artist work with specific language ?
It's not as robust as it could be, but it's certainly achievable with the same technique as above-- Perform a search with the desired terms (i.e., artist and language), and then use the generator to create a list of all search results pages. Add those to the queue, and voilà.

simonrule

Post by simonrule » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 pm

can this be done on exhentai, IF yes could please provide an example because i cant make it work on nhentai yet

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 am

simonrule wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 pm
can this be done on exhentai, IF yes could please provide an example because i cant make it work on nhentai yet
Exhentai should work, yes. For example, searching for the keyword "english" yields this URL which HDoujin Downloader has no issues accepting (it adds all content underneath of it to the queue).

Did you mean to type "nhentai"? Adding search results from nhentai works fine on my end with the latest release, so if you're having problems, give me an example URL and I'll take a look.

simonrule

Post by simonrule » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:42 pm

can you please show me an example of how to download entire pages of specific artist "English Translation Only".
here is an example
https://exhentai.org/tag/artist:e-musu+aki
https://nhentai.net/artist/e-musu-aki/

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:48 am