Folder Naming - can it include total # of volumes?

Ask questions and have them answered!
airiishia

Folder Naming - can it include total # of volumes?

Post by airiishia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 pm

HI there

Is there a way to get the total of volumes in folder naming?
Also, is there a way to change the Status of "Completed" to "C"

For example Cynthia the Mission has 9 volumes,

I would like it to be:
Cynthia the Mission (TAKATOU Rui)[Träumerei Scans][9C]

What it currently shows:
Cynthia the Mission (TAKATOU Rui)[Träumerei Scans][Completed]

The current setting:
%TITLE%_(%AUTHOR%)[%SCANLATOR%][%STATUS%]

Thank you!
PS: Loved the program so much I brought life time licence. My first time ever buying lifetime licence of anything haha.
HDoujin is an awesome program - a must-have for me ^^ Please consider offering your support to the developer~~

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Folder Naming - can it include total # of volumes?

Post by Squidy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:06 am

There isn't a token corresponding to the total number of volumes at the moment, but that's something that could be added, for sure. That said, volume information isn't something that the program currently keeps track of for all websites, so let me know what sites you definitely want this to work with and I'll make sure that it's pulled from them (and of course you're welcome to include more as they come up).

As for changing the status text, it could be done with find-and-replace, but there's no dedicated option for it right now. However, it's something that's been requested before, and it's definitely on my to-do list!

To accomplish this with find-and-replace, click the "Find and Replace" button at the bottom of "Settings > Save to > General", and enter, for example, Completed\] in the "Find" field, and C] in the "Replace with" field. The "Find" field supports regular expressions, so you can get fairly creative if necessary.

Thanks for the kind words, by the way! ♥ I'm really glad it's been useful for you; now it's just a matter of ironing this stuff out.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

airiishia

Post by airiishia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am

I tried the Find and Replace but didnt work before - turns out I just didn't know how to use it haha. I did [Completed] > [C]. Tried you text and works perfectly@ Have no idea what the \in Completed\] is for though. OMG I am so happy :D

For the volumes add, I mainly need it on:
http://mangago.me
http://manganelo.com
http://mangakakalot.com

I did checked the tags and see no volumes settings so understand its not a quick fix. Looking forward to seeing it in the future ;)

I wished I discovered your program years ago. Would've saved me hours and hours of my time :?
HDoujin is an awesome program - a must-have for me ^^ Please consider offering your support to the developer~~

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 am

It's been a while, but the %VOLUMES% token will now be present as of Release 295. As far as I can tell, however, the sites you listed aren't always consistent with providing volume numbers for their chapters (some have them, while others don't). Because of this, you might wind up with volume counts that are a little off of what they should be. As far as I can tell, there is no 100% accurate way of getting the volume number from these sites.
airiishia wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am
I tried the Find and Replace but didnt work before - turns out I just didn't know how to use it haha. I did [Completed] > [C]. Tried you text and works perfectly@ Have no idea what the \in Completed\] is for though. OMG I am so happy :D
I'm glad this worked for you! The backslash is there to escape the "]" character. The Find and Replace feature uses regular expressions, where "]" has meaning (braces are used for specifying capture groups). By escaping it, it's taken literally instead.

airiishia

Post by airiishia » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:18 am

I tried the %VOLUMES%

As you mentioned, many sites aren't always consistent with the volume numbers so this token does not work for me.

Oh well, I'll live. Hopefully, it will work in the future for me :)

Just thought I provide you the feedback :D

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:34 pm

The feedback is appreciated.

If you happen to come across sites that do display volume numbers but you still don't get the correct value when using this token, let me know.