Scrambled folder names

Ask questions and have them answered!
StetsonPony

Scrambled folder names

Post by StetsonPony » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi,
first up, awesome program, much love.

But I ran into one problem I can't seem to figure out:

I download mainly from exhentai or tsumino, and from both sites I end up with fairly distorted file names.

Thats what my download folder looks like.

Those are my settings.

Anyone got a clue whats going on?

=DD=

Re: Scrambled folder names

Post by =DD= » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am

Could you provide us some links for us to test out? The ones that are currently in the screenshot if possible. It's a bit hard to tell what it's meant to be, as opposed to what it currently is.

Also, check the site specific option if you haven't already, it can be found Settings > Downloads> General > Site Specific Options. I personally use full titles, so I have that option checked. There are some settings for exhentai too, which may be beneficial to you.

=DD=

StetsonPony

Solved Re: Scrambled folder names

Post by StetsonPony » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:34 am

Yeah.. this was totally on me.
I didn't realize, that the "Find and Replace" was not "String" or regular expression.. But, just like, only regular expression.
So, if you wanted to remove [English] from your folder names, and entered it just like that... You will remove some failry important letters...

Squidy helped me out via email, but thanks for your reply!

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Scrambled folder names

Post by Squidy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:11 pm

StetsonPony wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:34 am
I didn't realize, that the "Find and Replace" was not "String" or regular expression.. But, just like, only regular expression.
Since this has (understandably) confused a number of users, starting with the next release, find-and-replace rules will no longer be interpreted as regular expressions by default. Instead, a checkbox will be available to explicitly enable it.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.