Convert existing metadata file to another format

If there's a feature you think HDoujin is missing, share your ideas here!
thebrokenfacade

Convert existing metadata file to another format

Post by thebrokenfacade » Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Hello again,

I am curious if it would be possible to add a feature that allows the user to convert existing metadata from one format to another (ie. info.txt to info.json) without grabbing the metadata from online again.

I've got like 30,000 doujin saved with the info.txt metadata from when I used happypanda as my gallery viewer. Now I want to move to lanraragi, but it only fully supports info.json from HDD. Rather than re-download the metadata again in the json format it would be nice to be able to extract the info from my existing info.txt files and save it as info.json.

Aside from flooding the server with 30,000 requests for metadata almost certainly getting me banned, some of the doujin I have were expunged at some point so I could not download the metadata even if I wanted to.

I tried writing a program in python to batch convert the info.txt files to the json format, but as a non-coder that proved too difficult to complete.

Thank you for your time,

TBF

thebrokenfacade

Re: Convert existing metadata file to another format

Post by thebrokenfacade » Wed May 20, 2020 4:11 am

I finished that python script to convert the existing metadata files from info.txt to info.json today.

I hope some of you find it useful!

https://github.com/thebrokenfacade/hdou ... -converter

Best,

TBF