Know which chapters fail are ? or try chapter fail again.

If there's a feature you think HDoujin is missing, share your ideas here!
n13oss

Know which chapters fail are ? or try chapter fail again.

Post by n13oss » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi , after I use your software for a week and I can tell you , this is the very best download manga tool on earth.

Now , after use I got some error about download fail. I dont know which chapter or page that are fail.

some manga are 100 chapter up , it's hard to find the lost chapter.

If software can tell , so I can manual load from website.

or maybe retry only fail chapter ? if this method happen it is very cool.

ps. this features available on paid version ? I cant find the comparison about free and paid version.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Know which chapters fail are ? or try chapter fail again.

Post by Squidy » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:06 am

n13oss wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:01 pm
Hi , after I use your software for a week and I can tell you , this is the very best download manga tool on earth.
I'm glad you think so! Thanks, stuff like that is highly motivating to hear.
n13oss wrote:
Now , after use I got some error about download fail. I dont know which chapter or page that are fail.
If you go under Settings > Save to > Metadata, there's a "Create a text file listing missing/failed pages" setting you can enable. This will create a text file named "failed.txt" in the download directory listing the images that failed, along with the chapter they're a part of.

However, I realize this isn't perfect. A chapter is considered failed if no images could be downloaded, which can occur if no images were found for a given chapter. In that case, there will be nothing listed in the "failed.txt" file, so that's not very helpful. I like the idea of providing a fast way of downloading just the failed chapters, too.

I created an issue on GitHub to track this request here which you can follow if you want. I'm currently working on some other big updates, but I'll try to get to this soon. They're some good ideas.
n13oss wrote:
ps. this features available on paid version ? I cant find the comparison about free and paid version.
The only difference in the HDoujin Downloader application itself is the download limit. In the paid version, it's completely removed.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.