Default Download directory

If there's a feature you think HDoujin is missing, share your ideas here!
jamedom

Solved Default Download directory

Post by jamedom » Sat May 20, 2023 9:01 am

Hello Squidy,
As you know, I like download manga and put it in different directory. The problem is when I change path in default download directory, all the manga i'm downloading also change to the new path as well. I don't want this so is there an option to stop behavior?
Thank you.

fusedragon

Re: Default Download directory

Post by fusedragon » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:25 am

You can change the download directory for individual mangas in Edit Metadata, if that's what you're referring to.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Default Download directory

Post by Squidy » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:25 am

When you change the default download directory, the directories for everything you haven't started downloading yet are updated to the new directory. Downloads that are already in-progress should continue being written to the same directory they were started in.

You can disable this by going to Tools > General settings/Preferences > Download queue from the menu at the top of the program window (the exact text depends on the program version). There's a setting there named "Update download directory for queued items". Uncheck that, and the download directories for queued downloads will no longer be updated when when the default download directory is changed.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.