[Solved] Mangakakalot changes something again?

Run into a problem? Report it here!
StormJumper

Solved [Solved] Mangakakalot changes something again?

Post by StormJumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:02 am

Here's what they excused on their site but I suspect they are blocking manga downloader is the real reason. So if this can be check on and fix this would be great. I know something is wrong because I tried to add the url and it said *Now, bookmark data is wrong. So we will turn off login to fix it. You can login at manganelo.com*. But I don't believe that for a moment.....

https://mangakakalot.com/manga/ty919611

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Mangakakalot changes something again?

Post by Squidy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 am

Hey,

I'm not certain of the overall context here, but it looks like that URL redirects to the actual (new?) URL. I've made some updates to the module so that it can follow these redirects, so it should be working fine now.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am

So just restart HDD and that should fix the update. I doubt it was just a simple bookmark error as they stated on the site it sounds more like url change to block manga downloaders is the suspect that is happening. They should just be honest and upfront that was the real reason and stop playing games like reader wouldn't suspect such tactics was being used.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:23 pm

The download is now even worse and slower the LoveHeaven??

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:18 am

StormJumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am
So just restart HDD and that should fix the update. I doubt it was just a simple bookmark error as they stated on the site it sounds more like url change to block manga downloaders is the suspect that is happening. They should just be honest and upfront that was the real reason and stop playing games like reader wouldn't suspect such tactics was being used.
Hmm... I don't know if I'd be that hasty to jump to conclusions. If they wanted to discourage downloading, there would be much better ways of accomplishing that than simply changing the URL structure.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

StormJumper

Re: [Solved] Mangakakalot changes something again?

Post by StormJumper » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 am

Well to report back that remark about bookmark being fix is gone but still no Login access. So at this point it only confirms my suspicion but I also found another site that isn't doing this and I can find my manga there so if they keep locking out Login access that more or less confirms and will be moving on to greener pastures. Forgot to mention I also send a email asking them why they were blocking Login access when fixing bookmark can be disabled while login can still let Registered user to the site. And so far no replies back so that does confirm what is I suspect as well. I don't think they need to lockout login access to fix bookmark when it could tell Registered user bookmark are unavailable at this time for updates but it's a convenient excuse to use. Not that you have to fix what the site does but I doubt I am the only Registered users on their site complaining to them about what they did.