Thread crashed error

Run into a problem? Report it here!
=DD=

Thread crashed error

Post by =DD= » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi squidy,

I'm using 2020.8.8 and synced up my modules manually also.
I've been getting "Thread Crashed" usually on mangas that contain a really long title like on nhentai. I've made sure to enable fix paths longer than 255, and I suspect it has more to do with my naming which is currently set at %TITLE%_%PAGE%.
On nh, the white is usually the title, and the extras from the title are greyed out such as artist, circle information. In the bottom case, the entire title is white which is why Hdouin downloader is getting confused.

Is there a fix you can do on your end or do you recommend, just setting a special case for this site? I would say I get this error on the odd manga but they still require manually downloading and fixing as opposed to letting it be done through the program. It looks more to be an error in formatting from nh's side though.

Example of long white title:
https://nhentai.net/g/325935/

Example of short white title:
https://nhentai.net/g/336510/

EmperorWSA

Re: Thread crashed error

Post by EmperorWSA » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 pm

I didn't see any resolution to this, but I thought I would mention that this is what the issue I have is flagged as now. I posted a topic about the long path issue on nhentai being something to do with the translated title. On any of them that give me the thread crashed error if I edit the title and replace the " | " with "_" it will work just fine. It is really annoying, and I dont know why this is. So to make it more clear...if the title is:

"this is the japanese title | this is the english title" I change it to "this is the japanese title_this is the english title" and it will create the directory and download the files just fine.

It really is annoying to have to go through each download and fix them like this then re-queue them to get it to work.

=DD=

Re: Thread crashed error

Post by =DD= » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks for responding EmperorWSA.

Your right about the | in the name titles being the issue. "|" is on of the illegal characters in windows for folder naming also.
I wonder if Squidy can recommend or provide a fix to omit these on hdoujin's side.