HDD stops running and terminates itself?

Run into a problem? Report it here!
StormJumper

HDD stops running and terminates itself?

Post by StormJumper » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:02 pm

I noticed lately that HDD when left open and not user closed/terminated that it will stop running and close itself? I know I didn't close the application itself.
Last edited by StormJumper on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

StormJumper

Re: HDD stop running and terminates itself?

Post by StormJumper » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:56 pm

still happening no errors it just stop running when the app is left opened.

StormJumper

FIX THIS>>>>>>Re: HDD stop running and terminates itself?

Post by StormJumper » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 am

OK this is becoming a pain in the butt what and why is HDD terminating when I leave it running???????

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: HDD stops running and terminates itself?

Post by Squidy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:21 am

Did this just start happening recently? Has anything notable changed about your configuration or usage pattern since this started happening?

Sometimes this is caused by antivirus software deciding it doesn't like the program for some reason. You could try adding it to your AV's whitelist and seeing if that solves the problem. If it does, let me know what AV you use so I can submit a false positive report.

If that's not it, enable logging ("Help > Enable Diagnostics") and wait for the problem to occur again. Send me the resulting "debug.log" file from the log folder and I'll check it out and see if there's anything useful there.

You can also try opening Windows' Event Viewer (Windows key + R, type in "eventvwr", press enter), and on the left, select "Windows Logs" and then "Application". press Ctrl + F, search "HDoujin", and see if there are any "error" entries listed there. If you see any, let me know what they say!
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:59 am

Just in this past two weeks that I recall. I know I didn't close it because recently it was checking and had "Green" updates to download but never finishes. Same settings no warnings from Windows Defender A/V that it terminated the program from running.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:53 am

OK, it stop running so where do I locate the log file and which email do I send this to?

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:12 am

I'm assuming you figured it out since I did receive the email containing your log file, but just in case: It's the email address shown on the "About" tab of the program window.

According to the log file you sent, it does seem to be suddenly terminating for apparently no reason. It's definitely running into trouble scanning some of your bookmarks, particularly the ones from mangapark.net, which is related to this problem. I've got this fixed on my end already, so the fix will be available in the next program update, so hopefully it ends up resolving this at the same time.

In the meantime, you could try turning off automatic bookmark checking and seeing if that solves the problem.

Were there any other log files present, by the way? Usually when the program crashes it will generate an "unhandled exception" log file, but that will only happen if the process isn't outright terminated.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm

I never got a notification of a generated "unhandled exception" error when that happened.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:34 pm

So when will the next update start?