bug with conversion rules

Run into a problem? Report it here!
edu5ardo

Solved bug with conversion rules

Post by edu5ardo » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:40 am

i have this config

1 conversion rule is *.* --> *.jpg 80% quality
2 modifications max W 3840 Max H 2160

when 1 or 2 is applied individually work fine but if they are applied together only 1 wokr

an example of an affected gallery would be https://exhentai.org/g/2159664/4bf14da3ce/

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: bug with conversion rules

Post by Squidy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am

When you say they "don't work", which one of the two isn't working when you have them both enabled?

With your test gallery, the images seem to be converted successfully, but their dimensions aren't large enough for your maximum dimension settings to be used. I tested it with some galleries with larger images, but didn't encounter any problems.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

edu5ardo

Post by edu5ardo » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:27 am

my mistake, I should have explained myself better

when both are active only rule (1) works (*.* to jpg 80%)
but rule (2) no, the size not reduce

as you can see in the following image the gallery I used as an example is larger than rule 2 says

has an original resolution of 1983 x 2880 where it should be reduced to 1487 x 2160 according to the rule

it should be noted that this only happens in exhentai
i logged my account in the downloader to apply my site settings
maybe you can't see the original image size due to the site setting, my setting is "Image Size Settings" in [auto] for see thee max qualitty (this needs you to be a donor or have a hath perk(in case you need it i can send you 20 hath to buy a perk for the tests))
without the previous configuration 1280px is the largest horizontal size you can see

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:14 am

I have no idea why this only happens on exhentai, but I just uploaded a new pre-release version where I've completely rewritten the image resizing code. The image conversion code was updated a few releases ago too (when I was added support for additional image formats), so perhaps these two updates combined will have solved it.

You can download the new update here.

Let me know how it goes!

edu5ardo

Post by edu5ardo » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:51 pm

are now being downloaded 1280x1814 images in format webm and after convert to jpg
the original image is png, so i assume that are now downloading the reduced limited version of the page that is also 1280px horizontal, so the conversion works fine, it's still the size reduction that gives problems =S

I think this happens in exhentai since any resolution greater than 1280px horizontal is limited to donors or those who have site perks, maybe you're not taking that into account?

edit: I tried with other galleries and it worked fine, specifically did what I described earlier with thist https://exhentai.org/g/2571124/747950fa7e/

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:49 pm

edu5ardo wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:51 pm
are now being downloaded 1280x1814 images in format webm
This makes it sound like you have the "Download from mirror sites" setting enabled, which makes it download from Hitomi instead of Exhentai directly when it can find a mirror for a given gallery. Exhentai doesn't seem to serve WEBP images, but Hitomi does.

Try going to Tools > Site settings > e-hentai.org > Images and unchecking "Download from mirror sites" if it's enabled. It should then respect your "Original" image setting and download from Exhentai directly.

It will still try to download from mirrors if it can't log into your account, though. If the problem keeps happening, go to Tools > Log Viewer and see if any errors come up. If anything goes wrong while resizing the images, those errors will be written there too.

edu5ardo

Post by edu5ardo » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:19 am

Disable mirror sites and I was testing yesterday and today and it works perfect
Now I don't have to edit the galleries one by one, thank you so much

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:36 am

Glad to hear it! :heart: