Mangadex bug

Run into a problem? Report it here!
penina9291

Re: Mangadex bug

Post by penina9291 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:02 pm

I was downloading ch. 1 of this manga (https://mangadex.org/title/39ead81d-d12 ... 6b58698d5/) just now. I don't think some of the pages that got swapped are even belong to mangadex server :v. That irodori hentai of 1st pic isnt in mdex, 2nd pic doesnt look like it even belongs to any manga, 3rd one is a picture of an aggregator site homepage lmao.

https://files.catbox.moe/b6su8r.png
https://files.catbox.moe/kknlu5.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/e9d20e.jpg

I wonder what's happening lol, this is so fckn weird.

JohnKo23

Post by JohnKo23 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:02 pm

I agree with penina9291. One of my images was a 'Do no repost' from mangago.me. Another looked like a phone screenshot from ksk.moe.

fusedragon

Post by fusedragon » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:05 am

JohnKo23 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:05 am
When I get replaced files I delete them from the folder they were downloaded to and then do a "force download" in HDD which then only tries to grab the deleted files. It does sometimes take 4 or 5 force downloads to get the remaining correct pages but usually its only 1 or 2 tries. The process works but obviously it takes more time than if we got the correct pages from the start.
Ah I think it's because I had "verify file size after download" on, was re-downloading the whole chapter previously but only downloads missing pages with that off. Although it still goes page by page to see if it exists.

I suppose a workaround would be being able to choose specific pages to download so that it only checks and downloads the pages you want, which helps for chapters with many pages (so you don't have to wait for it to go through all the pages).

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:46 am

I just uploaded a new release with a couple of tweaks. At this point I'm just throwing things out there until something sticks. You can download the latest release from here; let me know how it goes.
fusedragon wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:05 am

Ah I think it's because I had "verify file size after download" on, was re-downloading the whole chapter previously but only downloads missing pages with that off. Although it still goes page by page to see if it exists.

I suppose a workaround would be being able to choose specific pages to download so that it only checks and downloads the pages you want, which helps for chapters with many pages (so you don't have to wait for it to go through all the pages).
By default, HDoujin Downloader skips images that already exist, and only downloads the missing ones (if any). This should be very fast. But you're right, the "verify file size after download" setting makes it check the file size on the server for each image and see if it matches, even for images that have already been downloaded.

This is kind of misleading and slows down retried downloads a lot, so the latest release doesn't check pages that have already been downloaded. If you want it to do this, there's a new setting under Tools > General settings > Advanced settings called "Downloads.VerifyContentLenghForExistingFiles".
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

penina9291

Post by penina9291 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:05 am

Squidy wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:46 am
I just uploaded a new release with a couple of tweaks. At this point I'm just throwing things out there until something sticks. You can download the latest release from here; let me know how it goes.
Unfortunately, still not working for me at least. OTL

Is it possible to make the downloader verify date & skip any images that are not within ±5 days or so of the ch release?

JohnKo23

Post by JohnKo23 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:43 am

Yeah the new build doesn't work for me either. :(

penina9291

Post by penina9291 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:33 pm

Still no fix to this mysterious issue :(