Mixed Image

Run into a problem? Report it here!
LainX84

Mixed Image

Post by LainX84 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to using this software, but I am noticing some problems in downloading images.
At the moment I have noticed the problem purely with "Mangadex" as a download site.
Basically, the chapters I go to download have pages from other works within them that have nothing to do with what I am downloading, and of course the original pages are missing.
I noticed this while I was reading offline "Imokusa Reijou desu ga Akuyaku Reisoku wo Tasuketara Kiniiraremashita."

How is such a problem possible ?

I remain available for verification and or request for logs or otherwise.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Mixed Image

Post by Squidy » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:16 am

This issue has been going on for a while now (#216), and unfortunately, while I've made every attempt to fix it, it's still occurring for some users.

I'm not sure exactly what triggers it (it might be triggered by high download volume?), but for reasons only MangaDex knows their API will occasionally return incorrect and seemingly random images.

For the sake of exploring potential causes:
  • Do you download a very large amount of content from MangaDex?
  • Do you use a MangaDex account when downloading?
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

penina9291

Post by penina9291 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:08 am

Squidy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:16 am
For the sake of exploring potential causes:
  • Do you download a very large amount of content from MangaDex?
  • Do you use a MangaDex account when downloading?
I doubt it occurs due to either of those reasons. I've tried with account & w/o account, problem still persists. As for the large volume, this issue exists regardless of amount. Currently, I'm forced to use this trash downloader (https://redsquirrel87.altervista.org/do ... downloader) for MangaDex. I've tried downloading the same ch with both HDoujin and the previously mentioned software at the same time, but only HDoujin downloaded incorrect images.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:46 am

penina9291 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:08 am
I doubt it occurs due to either of those reasons. I've tried with account & w/o account, problem still persists. As for the large volume, this issue exists regardless of amount. Currently, I'm forced to use this trash downloader (https://redsquirrel87.altervista.org/do ... downloader) for MangaDex. I've tried downloading the same ch with both HDoujin and the previously mentioned software at the same time, but only HDoujin downloaded incorrect images.
Thanks for that. At this point I'm starting to believe it's intentional on their part. Following discussions with other users, we concluded that there is nothing wrong with the API requests themselves-- You get the same image URLs as in the browser, and opening the URLs from HDoujin Downloader in your web browser returns the correct images. It's only when accessed through HDoujin Downloader that the wrong images are returned.

It's not something that I've been able to reproduce myself, either, which makes it very difficult to determine the exact cause. If you're up to experiment, you can edit the "MangaDex.lua" module in the "modules/lua/" folder. I can help with that if you have any questions.

Also, if you could attempt to download something and generate a log file for me to look at, it could be helpful. Enable logging by going to Help >Enable diagnostics, let an affected download finish, and then send me the files created inside of the "log" folder. You can either post them here, or send them to the support email on the "About" tab of the program.

Incidentally, I found an issue in a different MangaDex downloader that talks about the same thing happening. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that they reached a resolution either.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

JohnKo23

Post by JohnKo23 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:21 am

I hesitate to say anything, but since I got the most recent HDD update 3 days ago I'm at 20+ chapters from various manga without any wrong pages. So I'm cautiously crossing my fingers that the nightmare is over.

penina9291

Post by penina9291 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:02 pm

Damn, you're right. Looks like we're out of it now. Hopefully it doesn't come back again xD.

fusedragon

Post by fusedragon » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:37 am

Fingers crossed!