Panda info.txt metadata shows only 1 page when completed

Run into a problem? Report it here!
tewcsmcduke

Solved Panda info.txt metadata shows only 1 page when completed

Post by tewcsmcduke » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:30 pm

Not a significant bug/error or anything but when you have info.txt enabled and download something from panda.chaika.moe, the info.txt metadata always writes that the gallery only has 1 page. This is almost always wrong and it seems to do this only after the gallery is finished downloading. The correct number of pages is shown when the gallery is first added but then changed to show 1 page when the download completes. All the gallery image files are there as usual, just the info.txt doesn't show the correct information.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Panda info.txt metadata shows only 1 page when completed

Post by Squidy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:43 am

This happens because it uses the actual file count as the page count, and archives downloaded from this site are technically just a single file. However, I understand this is probably not what you'd want saved to the metadata file.

I just uploaded a new update, so now it uses the page count from the gallery metadata.

I don't think this will cause any problems, but for anyone who wants to restore the old behavior, you can by enabling the "Metadata.General.UseActualPageCount" setting under Tools > General settings > Advanced settings.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

tewcsmcduke

Post by tewcsmcduke » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:24 am

Hey Squidy,

Thanks for the bugfix on this, really appreciate it. Unfortunately I've discovered another couple of issues. One significant, the other not so much.

Problem 1: Adding Chaika galleries to the cue that have "/download/" in the link results in the program taking an extremely long time to move past the "getting info" stage of adding links to the queue. Of course when it does move on the link doesn't get added and it just fails. Depending on how many links I add at a time, this can lead to me being unable to add anything else until I close the program because it seems to take literal hours for this stuff to clear out when this happens. I have tested this multiple times and it happens every time. I will say though that I have a lot of links in my queue (50k+) and maybe that influences how long this takes? Idk, either way it's very annoying since with so many links the program takes 2.5 hours to open.

You can try this set of links to try it out for yourself. This kind of list is generated automatically when you press the "Generate DDLs" button on the website. Doesn't need to be these Kurosu Gatari related links, can be anything. It always happens. Problem doesn't occur at all when there's no "/download/" at the end of any of these links.

Somewhat related "problem" (?): When adding multiple (valid) links at a time from panda.chaika the program seems to throw an unhandled exception error at me after adding all the links. Not really sure why and doesn't seem to affect anything as the program doesn't close or anything and seems to add every single link properly. Not a real issue to me, all it does is create a Windows notification but I just thought I'd let you know that this seems to happen now as of the latest program version.

Problem 2: Galleries from Chaika don't maintain the capitalization of the original gallery and do something like this:

Original gallery title: This is a TEST title tHAT's being USED to Illustrate a Point
What happens when it gets added to HDD queue: This Is A Test Title That'S Being Used to Illustrate A Point

As you can see it capitalizes the first letter of every word and seems to treat apostrophes as the start of a new sentence (i.e. That'S). Not a huge problem at all, just an incredibly minor nuisance. Not at all a priority fix or anything, just kind of annoying for me to see.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:38 am

Thank you for the detailed update.

Issue #1 was caused by the fact it was trying to access the "/download/" URLs to read the gallery metadata, but was attempting to download the entire archive in the process. I just uploaded a fix, so this and the casing issue should be resolved now the next time you restart HDoujin Downloader.

As for the unhandled exception, I'll look into that a bit more and see what's going on. Another user reported the same thing recently, but for them it only happened if they were downloading galleries at the same time as adding new URLs. Does that sound like your situation as well?
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

tewcsmcduke

Post by tewcsmcduke » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:52 am

Squidy wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:38 am
Thank you for the detailed update.

Issue #1 was caused by the fact it was trying to access the "/download/" URLs to read the gallery metadata, but was attempting to download the entire archive in the process. I just uploaded a fix, so this and the casing issue should be resolved now the next time you restart HDoujin Downloader.

As for the unhandled exception, I'll look into that a bit more and see what's going on. Another user reported the same thing recently, but for them it only happened if they were downloading galleries at the same time as adding new URLs. Does that sound like your situation as well?
Thanks for the fix again!

I am actually downloading while adding URLs so maybe that might have something to do with it.