exhentai Loggin failed

Run into a problem? Report it here!
edu5ardo

exhentai Loggin failed

Post by edu5ardo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:59 pm

In ex hentai I receive a login error, if I deactivate the download but I don't know if by deactivating it I can download the images in their highest quality

totitoti

Re: exhentai Loggin failed

Post by totitoti » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:09 am

Im having the same problem for galleries in the queue list and when i try to add new ones

ari

Post by ari » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:37 pm

same here, login to e-hentai keeps failing since yesterday

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 pm

A lot of users have reported problems with logging into exhentai, and I've been able to reproduce it myself.

It's related to the captcha on the login form. Previously, it would only appear for certain users, but I think they've started rolling it out to more people. I'll have to come up with some way to deal with it, but in the meantime, you can still login manually by copying your session cookies into HDoujin Downloader as described here: https://github.com/HDoujinDownloader/HD ... s-manually

You can also subscribe to this issue if you want to keep updated on progress: https://github.com/HDoujinDownloader/HD ... issues/298
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

ari

Post by ari » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

Thanks Squidy-

is there any way to have it download original size, i.e. source images when using cookies to login though?
For me it seems to only download smaller size images when I use cookies

Retconner

Post by Retconner » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:10 am

How's the progress for this error coming along? I've been having the same login issue since Saturday, and I've been re-inputting cookies and login info all evening, nothing's been helping.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:01 am

ari wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am
Thanks Squidy-

is there any way to have it download original size, i.e. source images when using cookies to login though?
For me it seems to only download smaller size images when I use cookies
Not right now, but I'll have that fixed for the next update (I've already got it fixed on my end). It's because it checks for the presence of login details before attempting to download original size images, but I'll change it so that it checks for session cookies instead.
Retconner wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:10 am
How's the progress for this error coming along? I've been having the same login issue since Saturday, and I've been re-inputting cookies and login info all evening, nothing's been helping.
I'm working on it-- I have some ideas to get automated login working again that I'm currently experimenting with. In the meantime, copying your cookies into HDoujin Downloader should work, provided you're copying the two cookies mentioned here. Make sure to set the domain as "exhentai.org" too (it'll still work for both sites).
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

rmdredd

Post by rmdredd » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:49 am

is there any news on this? apart from cookies

ari

Post by ari » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm

Not right now, but I'll have that fixed for the next update (I've already got it fixed on my end). It's because it checks for the presence of login details before attempting to download original size images, but I'll change it so that it checks for session cookies instead.
it's still downloading downsized images for me after the update for some reason, any idea what could fix that?

The only thing I do different is using more cookies so that it knows my settings, like only including Doujinshi and Manga when fetching pages in my case

thank you

ginobo

Post by ginobo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:26 am

I'm having the same issue. Adding cookies has allowed me to download again, but it is still only downloading downsized images.