manga4life.com

Run into a problem? Report it here!
froggo

manga4life.com

Post by froggo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Unable add download or fetch chapters from manga4life.com. I just started using this site and managed to download a series a week or so ago but suddenly can't seem to fetch chapters or add new downloads.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: manga4life.com

Post by Squidy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:52 am

That's odd, it seems to still be working from my end with the latest release. Is this problem still occuring?

If so, go to Tools > Log Viewer, and then attempt to add something from the site to the queue. If anything goes wrong, it should appear there. Send me the log output, and I'll see if I can advise further.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

froggo

Post by froggo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 am

This is what I got when trying to add a new series to download.

When I try to choose chapters from an existing series in my list, I get this:

froggo

Post by froggo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:28 pm

not sure if this is related issue, but I'm recently getting this error too.

I have flaresolver enabled and not using a vpn. I have no issue opening manhuaplus urls manually. I don't even come across the cloudflare antispam captcha when opening them manually.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:58 pm

I don't think the issues are related, but that's interesting. Manhuaplus does have Cloudflare enabled, but it's the silent version that runs in the background. It's possible Cloudflare has flagged your IP or something (which is often the case when this pops up), but I'm not totally sure yet.

But for now we can address the first issue: It doesn't look like it's using the MangaLife module. It must be unable to find the Lua module for this site for some reason. Try downloading the ZIP archive of the latest version from here, extracting it completely, and seeing if that solves the issue.

froggo

Post by froggo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:47 am

I just copy and overwrite the files after extracting right? I get the same error. I tried just running a clean copy of the latest version and got the same error as well.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:55 pm

Thank you for trying that. I looked a little closer today and noticed the problem-- Adding the URL from "www.manga4life.com" versus "manga4life.com". Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but I noticed a bug I introduced in the last update that causes an issue with them not being mapped to the same module.

I just uploaded a module update to fix it by adding the "www." domain explicitly until I upload the next full program update.

Long story short: It should be working now the next time you restart HDoujin Downloader.

As for the Cloudflare issue, does that still occur with clean copy as well?

froggo

Post by froggo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:00 pm

awesome, it works now! Not too sure about the cloudflare issue yet as that notification only pops up occasionally/randomly. However, my manhuaplus bookmarked mangas are getting downloaded so no worries there. Will report back if it becomes a problem. Thanks for the quick work again Squidy! Really appreciate it.

froggo

Post by froggo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:08 pm

hmm.. turns out the cloudflare issue with manhuaplus is only occuring on certain mangas for me. Some I can retrieve and choose chapters without issue. One I found that I get an error when trying to fetch chapters. This is what I get in the error log:

edit: when I tried to open the url, it seems I get redirected to an updated url (with a 01 at the back). When I try that new url in HDD, I don't face the issue anymore

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:26 am

froggo wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:08 pm
edit: when I tried to open the url, it seems I get redirected to an updated url (with a 01 at the back). When I try that new url in HDD, I don't face the issue anymore
Very good observation-- It turns out it's the redirect causing the issue. The way HDoujin Downloader is handling the redirect is triggering Cloudflare. I'll fix this, but in the meantime, you can go to Tools > General settings > Advanced settings and uncheck "Network.Http.RandomizeUserAgent". That should solve the problem for now.