mangafox changed again

Bug reports that have been marked as Solved or Closed are moved here.
fir537

mangafox changed again

Post by fir537 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 am

Last night it was fanfox.me. Today i get redirected to mangazoneapp.com

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: mangafox changed again

Post by Squidy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:24 am

I'll have this updated officially with the next release, but in the meantime, this is really easy for users to fix on their own without having to wait due to the new "Domain Management" tool added in Release 278!

Select "Tools > Domain Management" using the menu at the top of the program window. In the window that appears, click "Create Rule", and create a rule that looks like this:

That is, set the Domain value to "fanfox.net" (or whatever else it might be changed to), and the Mapped to value to "mangafox.me". Click OK, and the rule will be added. From that point forward, all URLs from "fanfox.net" will be treated as if they came from "mangafox.me".

For more information about the Domain Management tool, see this page.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

fir537

Post by fir537 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Sadly it doesnt seem to work. I get the feeling that all sites owned by the owner of mangafox redirects people to mangazoneapp.com now.

Is there some way to convert all my mf bookmarks to a different site bookmark or do i have to do it manually?

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:42 am

I haven't personally experienced the redirect, but the fix I mentioned should work (I tested it out myself just to make sure). If all your requests to the site are getting redirected elsewhere, though, that's going to be a problem. The domain will be updated in this weekend's release, which will be available very shortly.

I'm sorry to say there's no built-in way to change your bookmarks to a different website at the moment, however they will continue working after the domain update, so you might not need to.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 am

The domain has now been updated as of Release 280.