[Answered] nHentai IP ban

Ask questions and have them answered!
wingwangwong

Solved [Answered] nHentai IP ban

Post by wingwangwong » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi!

I've been using txt files of saved URLs to populate my download list, but I think it may be retrieving the info too quickly for nHentai's liking and causing an IP ban. Is there a workaround or an option to populate the download list with a delay? Or perhaps another method to mass populate instead of copy/pasting every single URL I visit?

Thanks!

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: nHentai IP ban

Post by Squidy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:15 am

I'm currently working on having finer-grained delay settings specifically because of this. In the next update, you'll be able to specify rules (similarly to image conversion rules and find-and-replace rules) to set various delays on a per-site basis. I'll probably include a default rule for nhentai to start things out.

If you want to avoid copy-and-pasting each URL into a text file, you can enable the clipboard monitor (Manga > Enable Clipboard Monitor), then open the "Add from List" box (Manga > Add from List). When this is open, URLs will be taken from the clipboard and added to the list instead of the download queue. This may make keeping tracking of them a little less tedious.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

wingwangwong

Re: nHentai IP ban

Post by wingwangwong » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Alright, cheers Squidy!! Keep up the great work!