Manga Database Tags?

Ask questions and have them answered!
BlueFire213

Manga Database Tags?

Post by BlueFire213 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:42 pm

How can I add tags on Manga Database > Manga Info Editor? I put down the tags I want to place on a specific manga on the "Tags" slot and check mark it but after updating the tags don't appear anywhere. They only appear when I move the tags to the column but I enjoy seeing them underneath the cover, is it a bug? Please help and thank you :)

=DD=

Re: Manga Database Tags?

Post by =DD= » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:00 pm

It's most likely a bug. The modules accompanied by the paid version of the program haven't had that much support. I'm sure Squidy said he wanted to rewrite the code for these modules. Have you considered using metadata info text files as created by hdoujin downloader to manage your tagging?
I've written a few posts on this subject, mostly in the manga database subforum. I would encourage you to check it out.

Let us know how it works out for you.

BlueFire213

Re: Manga Database Tags?

Post by BlueFire213 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 am

=DD= wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:00 pm
It's most likely a bug. The modules accompanied by the paid version of the program haven't had that much support. I'm sure Squidy said he wanted to rewrite the code for these modules. Have you considered using metadata info text files as created by hdoujin downloader to manage your tagging?
I've written a few posts on this subject, mostly in the manga database subforum. I would encourage you to check it out.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Alright, thanks for the info. I saw that there was a "create text file" in manga info editor, I would always check mark it, but it never appeared in the folder. I thought it was similar to the text files created by hdoujin downloader. I already had a ton of manga and doujin, mainly from "FAKKU," so I could'nt create the text files in hdoujin downloader. That's why I tried to add the info through the editor. Again thanks for the info, I'll look for the post in a bit to get better at it, since the programs are a bit confusing.