Where is Squidy?? Alot of responders are waiting?

Ask questions and have them answered!
StormJumper

Where is Squidy?? Alot of responders are waiting?

Post by StormJumper » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:21 am

To Squidy,

I think most user are patience but this is going on 5 months or more but most haven't heard what might or might not be upcoming? So is there anything the rest can know so they can plan out their manga readings? This is coming after many sites are blocking or changing how they read or download that HDoujin can no longer work properly. For those on a internet limits they would like to read offline without having to worry will the software be able to download the latest updates to read. So I'll ask again as one that bought the software to be able to read and download more- Please update HDoujin so users can keep on reading and if this requires a payment or yearly membership within reason the readers whom want more option would be onboard. So let users know and how they can help and they can insure this project keeps on going.

=DD=

Re: Where is Squidy?? Alot of responders are waiting?

Post by =DD= » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:40 am

Check out his latest posts here and here.

TLDR; Real life is getting in the way of this side project but he assures us that the project is very much still alive and he has been reading all posts and making notes on sites that need fixing.

Life is tough. We've all been there and we can appreciate that. There are alternative ways to download any manga/doujin you need which you can use for the time being. I think the best thing we can do to support Squidy is to keep posting when sites break, keep requesting those features you want in the program and keep talking about how great you think the software is.

Since Squidy reads all these posts, maybe you could also post about how passionate you are about this project and perhaps how it's changed your workflow when it comes to categorising/reading manga?

=DD=

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Been doing that sending emails of site and sites blocking downloading or preventing downloads. But there aren't alot of alternative software as I tried others but they are hard to keep up the tracking. FMD is another I've seen that is still going and still use that as well. And might have to go back there to get some but they don't have some of the Raws that HD can get. That is also a bummer. And yes, I read those other posting already but it's been quite some time since those posting to hear back what is happening. But like I also posted we have hectic lives and things come and go and change. But hearing back does help. And yeah I read Manga since High School when I first saw them as well as Anime. Transformer being the one I remember the best as that was my draw into Manga/Anime scene. And so yes I am passionate about reading them Raw and English but when someone excites me as much as HD to keep reading and family nagging me what is that your reading. I am reading my passion and yes I do Play Anime game on my Nintendo Switch as well. So I live for and read for Manga/Anime but also have a regular life outside of this. If anyone thinks of my otherwise they got the wrong person. I can Manga/Anime and also work a 9-5 job and have Family time good and bad in one time.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:20 pm

I still think even with a response knowing how the project is going does help but as anything alot of users have been saying sites are breaking HDoujin including those that worked before is making it hard for user to stay with HDoujin downloader. And if a new one comes along alot will decide to go with another that has regular updates or updates when needed so they can use it. Reading online is fine but not everyone can be online 24/7 to read the massive amount of manga out there in their language or Raw.