Updated: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga? Add MangaDex to this.

Run into a problem? Report it here!
StormJumper

Updated: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga? Add MangaDex to this.

Post by StormJumper » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:03 pm

I notice with to Manga Rock manga that it will not open them properly but they will open without problem using explorer. So is there a format issue with Kuroneko reader? This are the mangas it doesn't open.

The Population Of The Frontier Owner Starts With 0. "Dias The Blue" And A Blue Horned Girl.
This Village Sim NPC Could Only Be Human
Saikyou Yuusha wa Oharai Hako Maou ni nattara zutto Ore no Musou Return
The Cursed Sword Master’s Harem Life By the Sword, For the Sword, Cursed Sword Master

Now when I try to close Kuroneko Reader I get a error:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Height()
   at ‪‌‬‌‭‭‪‮‎​‫‌‏‫​​‍‭‍​‮‎‮.‍‍‬‎‮‫‮‍‮‍‫‌‫‮‏‏‪​‌‪‪‮()
   at ‪‌‬‌‭‭‪‮‎​‫‌‏‫​​‍‭‍​‮‎‮.‪‪‌‍‎‏‏‬‮‏‌‪‪‭‎‏‬‌‭‏‎‫‍‮()
   at 1_lr)W9`hp4;\&)v\*VqQ`Dz:?.‍‌‬‬‬‬‮‌‏‏‍‏‭‭‍‬‭‫‏‎‏‫‍​‪‍‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4042.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Kuroneko Reader
    Assembly Version: 1.2.3.6
    Win32 Version: 1.2.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///E:/HDoujin.Downloader-1.17.9.32-r.3-win/modules/Kuroneko%20Reader.exe
QgeAjQiOBneoIKeaKutLdUeRSHyeA
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///E:/HDoujin.Downloader-1.17.9.32-r.3-win/modules/Kuroneko%20Reader.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1

Last edited by Squidy on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added code block

StormJumper

Re: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock manga?

Post by StormJumper » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:29 am

Now I downloaded some Mangakakalot manga and they aren't reading or opening in the reader?
Here's one of them
https://mangakakalot.com/manga/ac919142

But I can use explorer and see the manga is there and open to read them.

StormJumper

Re: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga?

Post by StormJumper » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am

Still having issues with some manga not opening in Kuroneko Reader from Mangakakalot....

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock manga?

Post by Squidy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:58 am

Thank you for the detailed bug report and providing an example URL-- I couldn't ask for more when an issue is reported!

Is there any chance that the images pertaining to the manga in question are saved as WEBP images (.webp)? I know that this is the case for MangaRock, although there's a default conversion setting that converts them over to JPGs for ease of use (under "Settings > Save to > Convert > Image Conversion"). At the moment, Kuroneko Reader isn't equipped to deal with them (JPGs, GIFs, BMPs, and PNGs are fair game).

If that doesn't seem to be the situation: Do you have any conversion settings specified under "Settings > Save to > Convert"? For testing purposes, it would be helpful to know what your output format is.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 am

I checked the file folder that I posted the link for and the properties are jpg.

Here's a link to the screenshot of the convert options.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6oinmy8z ... s.jpg/file

The creation of the error report was by chance and I manage to capture it to post it.
Last edited by Squidy on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed image URL to direct URL

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:18 am

Also now when I go back to redownload MAOU GUN SAIKYOU NO MAJUTSUSHI WA NINGEN DATTA from manga rock the folder refuses to open in Kuroneko even though it shows them.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-200095011

So something isn't opening or properly recognizing those folders and files and they are .jpg format.

StormJumper

Re: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga? Add MangaDex to this.

Post by StormJumper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:49 am

Another site MangaDex when downloaded won't open in the reader but the folder and files are there.

https://mangadex.org/title/41726/shijou ... o-eiyuutan

StormJumper

Re: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga? Add MangaDex to this.

Post by StormJumper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:56 am

Finally got frustrated with the reader not reading Magakakalot mangadownload so I delete the folder and download and re-updated it.

StormJumper

Re: Updated: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga? Add MangaDex to this.

Post by StormJumper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:30 am

Ok I deleted the old reader folder and updated the reader and then pointed it to where the manga files where downloaded. After running it's scan and then I closed it. Then I opened it up and this time I choose a magakakalot to open and read.

https://mangakakalot.com/manga/arafoo_k ... atsu_nikki

I then opened the reader on this manga and then click the folder and clicked read. And now it works - I am basing this due to something from past Modules that wasn't installed right or somehow corrupted. I open other MangaDex if I have them to check but since MK is reading that would mean it is working now.

StormJumper

Re: Updated: Kuroneko Reader not reading Manga Rock and Magakakalot manga? Add MangaDex to this.

Post by StormJumper » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 am

So Squidy can you tell me why newly added manga or deleted and redownloaded manga are having issues opening in the Reader?